JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

11/28/2012 4:15:52 AM

I have a question for the older community.

I have never been here for a site update, and I was wondering what happened when it updates. When I type in Destiny.com, it is password protected, which indicates to me that it is its own separate site. Will this site still exist, but become obsolete and our accounts transfer over to the new site? just wondering?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Recon Number 54 Bungie.net has been Bungie.net. When there have been changes to the site (either the format, the core database/forum software, etc.) the domain address has remained the same. If you go to an address (such as www.Bungie.com) DNS resolves and redirects us to this site. If whatever system that currently has the destiny.com address is Bungie's (I have no idea if it is or is not) and that service/site/web traffic is for a revised version of what we see now? It would then appear seamless, just like going to www.bungie.com. But as it stands, my guess is that address is getting all sorts of new hits and login attempts. If it isn't Bungie's server? Someone somewhere is wondering what in the hell just happened. [/quote] /thread
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bungie has used alternative websites in the past as a form of "ARG" for the next title. One could expect Destiny.com may have something to do with that. It could simply be the place one goes to when one wants to know only information pertaining to the IP while Bungie.net remains the social side of Bungie/Destiny. As far as Bungie.next goes, I don't think BNet has ever gone through such a radical update. I draw this conclusion from Recons "hints" to the Web teams teasings. [Edited on 11.27.2012 9:52 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Recon Number 54 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sev808 Bungie.net is just getting a design overhaul.[/quote] Not that I have seen anything (I haven't), but I suspect that some folks may be chuckling at your use of the word "just".[/quote]To me, it's a "just", a lot of overhauling has occurred in the past few weeks. Worry not, I look forward to Bungie's overhaul the most. [Edited on 11.27.2012 8:53 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sev808 Bungie.net is just getting a design overhaul.[/quote] Not that I have seen anything (I haven't), but I suspect that some folks may be chuckling at your use of the word "just".
    Add more answer options

• Bungie.net is just getting a design overhaul.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Recon Number 54 Bungie.net has been Bungie.net. When there have been changes to the site (either the format, the core database/forum software, etc.) the domain address has remained the same. If you go to an address (such as www.Bungie.com) DNS resolves and redirects us to this site. If whatever system that currently has the destiny.com address is Bungie's (I have no idea if it is or is not) and that service/site/web traffic is for a revised version of what we see now? It would then appear seamless, just like going to www.bungie.com. But as it stands, my guess is that address is getting all sorts of new hits and login attempts. If it isn't Bungie's server? Someone somewhere is wondering what in the hell just happened. [/quote] okay thanks Recon and everyone else. and also LOL
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Recon Number 54 Bungie.net has been Bungie.net. When there have been changes to the site (either the format, the core database/forum software, etc.) the domain address has remained the same. If you go to an address (such as www.Bungie.com) DNS resolves and redirects us to this site. If whatever system that currently has the destiny.com address is Bungie's (I have no idea if it is or is not) and that service/site/web traffic is for a revised version of what we see now? It would then appear seamless, just like going to www.bungie.com. But as it stands, my guess is that address is getting all sorts of new hits and login attempts. If it isn't Bungie's server? Someone somewhere is wondering what in the hell just happened. [/quote] Yep a dude from Monaco is freaking out.
    Add more answer options

• It will be the New New New Hawtness.
    Add more answer options

• Bungie.net has been Bungie.net. When there have been changes to the site (either the format, the core database/forum software, etc.) the domain address has remained the same. If you go to an address (such as www.Bungie.com) DNS resolves and redirects us to this site. If whatever system that currently has the destiny.com address is Bungie's (I have no idea if it is or is not) and that service/site/web traffic is for a revised version of what we see now? It would then appear seamless, just like going to www.bungie.com. But as it stands, my guess is that address is getting all sorts of new hits and login attempts. If it isn't Bungie's server? Someone somewhere is wondering what in the hell just happened.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Arbiter 739 the titlebar used to be blue and a tad 'clunky'.[/quote]You speak blasphemous slander. OT: This site will stay I'm sure, it will just get sexier as always.
    Add more answer options

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Arbiter 739 Erm. [i]This[/i] site will change. The place once had a blue background and the titlebar used to be blue and a tad 'clunky'. We also do not know if "http://www.destiny.com/" is even related to Bungie or not. [/quote] Apparently Destiny.com is owned by Bungie, even if it is password protected for now.
    Add more answer options

• Destiny.com has nothing to do with the game. It is registered to a dude in Monoco named Jenson and it was registered over 17 years ago.
    Add more answer options

• Bungie.net will always be here, however it will be getting an 'upgrade' to the new hawtness soon. Destiny.com will likely be redirected to a bungie.net/destiny page at some point as it was probably created for ownership, or it will serve as some sort of promotional site. Or who knows. Maybe it will be a stats site. This is all very new. For example, Microsoft would set up a Halo promotional site for each game as they launched back in the day before Waypoint existed. Whether it serves a similar purpose, or simply to just own and then redirect to BNet, we'll have to wait and see.
    Add more answer options

• Site updates in the past just "happen." The new files are updated and everything changes by the next refresh of the page. Destiny.com is its own separate site likely to be used to advertise the product.
    Add more answer options

• It will probably redirect to a project directory, as the last titles have done (see games tab on menu bar).
    Add more answer options

• Erm. [i]This[/i] site will change. The place once had a blue background and the titlebar used to be blue and a tad 'clunky'. We also do not know if "http://www.destiny.com/" is even related to Bungie or not. [Edited on 11.27.2012 8:18 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• They aren't changing web sites...
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.