JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

11/20/2012 11:07:38 AM
Batch

I need computer device help really badly.

Okay, to anyone that is tech savy here, I just really need some help. I have a wireless adapter which was working last night and now it just doesn't. How am I here right now? Well I'm currently using my parents wireless adapter, so I can't use it forever (two computers, so on, yadda yadda). But now, mine just doesn't work, I've tried reinstalling the driver and the device can't be found, yet when I plug it in it is recognised just....not as what it is meant to be. It is a: DLink 131 Nano Yet for some reason it is displayed as: Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Now, I have never tinkered with it because it worked, why would this change? What can I do to fix it, I've spent most of my day on it and it's just draining my patience away, help would be most appreciated.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Batchnator95 Well reddit, has not helped me at all.....anything else I could do?[/quote]Go to /g/.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• well if the name's just changed it should be alright
    Add more answer options

• Well reddit, has not helped me at all.....anything else I could do?
    Add more answer options

• yes, this true
    Add more answer options

• Greatest place to consult advice.
    Add more answer options

• I take it you're running your parents adapter through the same usb port? So you can rule out the port as the problem. I recommend hitting it really hard against something and swearing at it. Always works for me.
    Add more answer options

• Well in this situation I'd reccomend making a bunch of threads about it, and then saving some links to them so you can quickly check back on them later.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Bearded Elf http://www.reddit.com/r/technology But you know what? I'm not going to make it a link for you.[/quote]You're a rebel without a cause.
    Add more answer options

• http://www.reddit.com/r/technology But you know what? I'm not going to make it a link for you.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Bokonnon You came to the right place.[/quote]This is the only forum I come to, if you guys can either answer my question or direct me to a place that can, then I'd be most thankful.
    Add more answer options

• Device manager, try to remove all trace of it, unplug it, make sure its gone, plug it back in.
    Add more answer options

• You came to the right place.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.