JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

11/14/2012 9:30:22 PM

Why isn't the word Slut censored?

Of all the words we censor here on bungie.net( -blam!-, -blam!-, -blam!-), Why in the word is Slut not one of them? What possible positive connotation could it have? [Edited on 11.14.2012 1:30 PM PST]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CTN 0452 9 I imagine that it isn't censored because it isn't on the list of words people usually use to insult each other on a video game forum.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bunch of sloots itt
    Add more answer options

• Forum takeover successful.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CTN 0452 9 I imagine that it isn't censored because it isn't on the list of words people usually use to insult each other on a video game forum.[/quote]That's a good point. These places mostly have males and when guys start calling each other sluts, I don't know what to say..
    Add more answer options

• I missed the mother joke. I can't do the sister joke now. Did you know slut really was just a typo of lust?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] The EAKLE Because with out it we'd have a difficult time talking about your mother. Edit: Damn, missed petit's post. My joke isnt funny and i feel bad. [/quote]That's what happens when you go slutting it up, you miss your chance at a good post.
    Add more answer options

• Because with out it we'd have a difficult time talking about your mother. Edit: Damn, missed petit's post. My joke isnt funny and i feel bad. [Edited on 11.14.2012 10:15 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CamCamm Everyone likes a slut. -TU-[/quote]Except for other sluts. ©
    Add more answer options

• Everyone likes a slut. -TU-
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] HALO3syourdaddy Its because the vast majority of the members here are indeed, Sluts.[/quote] They wish... -TU-
    Add more answer options

• Its because the vast majority of the members here are indeed, Sluts.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] coolmike699 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] King Dutchy Because there's no reason to label it as taboo.[/quote] What? Of course there is. It's just as taboo as many other words on the profanity filter list. [/quote]I know, it's just that the word slut was lucky enough to not be on the filter list. *sigh*
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CrazzySnipe55 Why aren't sex, dick, ass, fanny, or testicles censored? This is a very pressing issue and demands the entirety of the Web Team to [b][u]rectify[/u][/b] it. ©[/quote] Tee hee. -TU-
    Add more answer options

• Why aren't sex, dick, ass, fanny, or testicles censored? This is a very pressing issue and demands the entirety of the Web Team to rectify it. ©
    Add more answer options

• Slut is a bad word?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] King Dutchy Because there's no reason to label it as taboo.[/quote] Unless you are talking about me... >_> <_< j/k
    Add more answer options

• Because there are no women on the internet so it is not reasonable for it to be used. I mean, who calls a man a slut? Edit: Oh, and /sarcasm. [Edited on 11.14.2012 5:46 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] coolmike699 [/quote]He's right. We'll just have to say slovenly and promiscuous from now on.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] King Dutchy Because there's no reason to label it as taboo.[/quote] What? Of course there is. It's just as taboo as many other words on the profanity filter list.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] lime013 The same reason why potato isn't censored.[/quote] They're good to eat?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] LordOfBlah51 Who cares? Honestly? Why do you?[/quote] Why does it matter? How is why someone cares relevant? The profanity filter is censorship. You can't have censorship without arbitrariness. It's just not possible.
    Add more answer options

• The same reason why potato isn't censored.
    Add more answer options

• Who cares? Honestly? Why do you?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ian11214 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Primo84 How else would we refer to your mom?[/quote]This was going to be my line.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Primo84 How else would we refer to your mom?[/quote]This was going to be my line.
    Add more answer options

• How else would we refer to your mom?
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.