JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

#Halo

11/4/2012 3:25:51 AM

Thank you, Bungie

On the eve (well, almost) of the release of the first non-Bungie [i] Halo [/i] title, I was playing [i] Reach [/i], perhaps as a final salute to the compan- the truly awesome community that made a game series that has influenced my life in many, many ways. It's hard to describe how well done the work is - and I've played every single Bungie Halo, all the way from CE to Reach. Every game has amazing replay value, fantastic gameplay, ridiculous physics, cool weapons ... I could go on. It's hard to make games that have lasting value. Most games, you play them once or twice through, and then they go on the shelf to collect a fine layer of dust. I've spent over 400 hours on [i] Reach [/i] alone. Probably another 400 on H3 - and that's not counting the time I've spent offline with them, either. What I'm trying to say is thank you. Thank you so much, for being a fantastic creater, enabler (Forge anyone?), and constant source of inspiration. When someone asks me what I would want a company of mine to be like, it comes instantly: "Bungie." My meager collection of words doesn't really do justice to the gratitude that I'm feeling, but I hope you get the idea. Thanks, Bungie. See you starside. XKCD423 [Edited on 11.03.2012 7:26 PM PDT]

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Well spoke. I've had a great time playing all the Halos, and wouldn't sell any of them off. I've been very interested in 343i's interpretation of Halo and I realized something while looking at the media. 343i doesn't seem to have the mysteriousness that Bungie is so good at creating. I feel like they tipped their hand in some of the trailers, though despite this I think Halo 4 will be well done. All the same I can't wait to get caught up in Bungie's next universe. "Shut up and take my money" -Fry

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Yeah, the Halo trilogy and ODST were among the best games I've ever played and gave me countless gaming memories. I don't think I'll see them starside though, if Destiny is indeed an MMO. Not my thing at all.

• I feel the same way. Bungie is an amazing company that simply needs a new title to get back on the main scene and blow Call of Duty out of the water finally. Hopefully, that will be Destiny. As for Bungie as a developer; how do I start? Bungie is one of the few developers that actually care about their fans and community. I love their idea that they just make Blam! they love and if other people like it then they make it better and with more cowbell! I have played Halo since the beginning. I have every other Halo (with the exception of Wars, and Halo 2 on PC) and I've loved every one of them, especially the Easter Eggs and Movie References. I think the one thing I really love most about Bungie is the fact that even though they have a ton of fans giving them their opinions, even if they're bad ones, Bungie manages to please us all.... Everynight ;) Bad joke aside, Bungie is basically my last hope for games. Almost my last hope for humanity. Lol. Help [i]Us[/i] Bungie, you're [i]Our[/i] only hope. Thanks again, Bungie. See you starside.

Sarge
    Sarge

Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? - old

Good luck in all of your future endeavors, Bungie. Thank you for all the great times.

• This is written very well. I'm the same really. I've spent countless hours on Reach myself, I enjoyed every hour. Thanks to Halo 3 and Reach they gave me a passion for game development, so, thanks to Bungie I wish to make games as a career. So I'll thank them too, I have multiple times already. But seeing that the next Halo installment comes out very soon. It seems appropriate. So, I wish Bungie a great future. And I thank them for their past endeavors. Which I have gladly joined in on. Thanks, Bungie. And thanks XKCD423. Happy hunting.

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.