JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

11/3/2012 6:16:50 PM

We had hints as far back as ODST.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/0sGyn.jpg]I just took this picture.[/url] Was this known? Or have I (probably haven't) come across the earliest known hint?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Good find; I haven't seen it around anywhere before. Knowing our friends at Bungie, it probably was some kind of foreshadowing.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] carby21 Bungie was originally going make Destiny but they thought it was too much of a challenge at the time so they made Halo instead. They have been planning to make Destiny ever since Halo Combat Evolved. [/quote] We do know for a fact Jason Jones was project lead for Halo 1 and Halo 2, and then while Halo 3 was in development, he lead a core Halo 1 team to work on Destiny. So we know the development goes all the way back to sometime between 2004-2007! [Edited on 11.03.2012 8:12 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Ah, taking the scenic Pixar route, eh?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] chubbz Old.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• Yep, twas known.
    Add more answer options

• Very nice find.
    Add more answer options

• Good find.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Rell57 [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=69922521]SonicJohn's thread[/url] [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=70585296]Cortana V's thread[/url][/quote]It's weird reading something you wrote a while ago and somehow managing to make yourself excited by it.
    Add more answer options

• I love that Bungie were always hinting, shows they always plan super far ahead.
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, this is old. Pretty cool though.
    Add more answer options

• This was discovered in May 2011.
    Add more answer options

• They have been working on it for a while.
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=69922521]SonicJohn's thread[/url] [url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=70585296]Cortana V's thread[/url]
    Add more answer options

• I'm going to be scrounging Destiny (if possible) whenever it becomes known and available for information on their next project now. Paranoia.
    Add more answer options

• I remember seeing this around the new year.
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, that poster has been kicked around since March/April.. even before then I think. We spoke about this topic in depth in the since deleted 'Destinypedia Forums'. Anyway Bungie did say that ODST was a test.. and Reach was pretty much Bungie's last Halo hurrah.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] King Dutchy [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] carby21 Bungie was originally going make Destiny but they thought it was too much of a challenge at the time so they made Halo instead. They have been planning to make Destiny ever since Halo Combat Evolved. [/quote]Source?[/quote] I don't quite remember. It was either in the "O brave new world" or I read it in one of the news articles on the front page. I just remember reading that somewhere. I'll have a look around.
    Add more answer options

Agent
    Agent

I like turtles - old

This is awesome.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] carby21 Bungie was originally going make Destiny but they thought it was too much of a challenge at the time so they made Halo instead. They have been planning to make Destiny ever since Halo Combat Evolved. [/quote]Source?
    Add more answer options

Cool find! I hope Destiny is better than Halo.
    Add more answer options

• Bungie was originally going make Destiny but they thought it was too much of a challenge at the time so they made Halo instead. They have been planning to make Destiny ever since Halo Combat Evolved.
    Add more answer options

• Old.
    Add more answer options

• Mind=explode
    Add more answer options

• I've seen this in campaign and here on the forums a few times. It's crazy when you think how far back BUNGIE planned.
    Add more answer options

• I remember a similar topic at least four months ago. A fair find. [Edited on 11.03.2012 10:23 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Knowing Bungie, it could have been a little hint for the future.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.