JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

10/16/2012 8:27:15 PM
DeeJ

Meet a Bungie guy who speaks your language...

...whatever it may be. This week, [url=http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid32214]Tom Slattery[/url] is breaking in.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• thank you yorkie
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• guys check out on youtube cod4mod galatic warfare i want it but its only 4 pc can u guys make it
    Add more answer options

• The alphabet of my second language consists of extended characters that are not allowed, so I say in English... A good read! [Edited on 10.17.2012 8:35 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Dekuji, dobry den.
    Add more answer options

• "Como estás" - Halo 2 marine.
    Add more answer options

• He only he spoke italian..... he could be Bungies sexiest man.
    Add more answer options

• As the director of a small, local Doberman rescue, I cheered when I read the bit about the beautiful natural eared Doberman in Tom's home. A man after my own heart!
    Add more answer options

• I don't need words to tell me why I am shooting those baddies in the face. They were all looking at me funny and I wanted to remove them of their displays of mockery in a swift and violent fashion. That is all the explanation I need.
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xJjCnWm5cvE#t=46s]Parle usted Ingles?[/url]
    Add more answer options

• thank you yorkie
    Add more answer options

• He speaks spanish :) Also Japanese. Cool beans.
    Add more answer options

• Interesting article
    Add more answer options

• It looks like Tom has a bunch to talk about! Great reading.
    Add more answer options

• Nowhere in that article did Tom smile and offer me a vegemite sandwich. He does not speak-a my langauge.
    Add more answer options

• Wait, he speaks physics? I fully expect him to answer my question in the mail sack then.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Lobster Fish 2 Hooray for spanish profanity![/quote]
    Add more answer options

• Not one word about hating foreign host or lag? He most definitely does NOT speak my language!
    Add more answer options

• Very cool. And as a person with a foreign language class currently, you have my respect if you can understand what someone is saying in that language very easily. Anyone who talks more than a word every two seconds sounds like an auctioneer :/
    Add more answer options

• I demand that the next Bungie game be translated into Homeric Greek. Cheers.
    Add more answer options

• Interesting. I always assumed localization was a job that the Publisher does, but I guess having an expert on hand while you make the game makes sense as well.
    Add more answer options

• Interesting he chose Japanese as a second language, rather than Mandarin, or another one more prominent in big business nowadays. Sounds like he's been around, which is awesome.
    Add more answer options

• Hooray for spanish profanity!
    Add more answer options

All JET, so many JP majors set their goals on being accepted. It's not a bad thing, it's a great program. But I hear about it all the time. I've always thought about the localization in video games. I still remember my friend purchasing a Spanish copy of Halo 3 and hearing "¡Jefe Maestro!" during campaign. We nearly died.
    Add more answer options

• Chladný!
    Add more answer options

• Awesome thanks DeeJ!! and nice to meet you Mr. Slattery
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Tom Slattery I usually have some coffee at home, get to the studio a little after 8:00, grab some more coffee, work until lunch, eat, grab a little more coffee, and work some more. Sometimes, if I'm feeling a bit drained, I'll get a late-afternoon coffee to mix things up. You don't want your routine to get too predictable, right?[/quote]Did somebody say coffee? Great interview. It's interesting how the employees rank Experience, Work Ethic, and Talent differently.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.