JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

10/12/2012 2:13:31 AM

Member Bias?

It seems as if members with higher titles get let off the hook, but when its a regular member they get insta-ban to the face. I noticed a spam thread by a intrepid member, and he only got a warning. He should know better and should suffer the punishment like a regular member I saw that got instantly banned for a spam thread, no warning like the intrepid.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ARBITOR 5 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] spartain ken 15 Yeah the elite class are oppressing us. [/quote]btw Ken, shut up. You were Legendary, you broke the rules so you lost it.[/quote] I got a better idea ARBITOR 5. Why don't you shut up? Every time I see you comment I feel sick, also your unoriginal name is unoriginal.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'm not too sure of the truth in that statement/rant/little guy syndrome note
    Add more answer options

• The higher our title bar, the more we should have "known better", and thus the easier it is to get banned.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Navweb3620 Respect your elders! And I disagree with OP. If anything, we get lengthier bans. I think the last one I had was for two weeks.[/quote] Exactly any members my self also whp have been active for 2 years, or more should no better, there for deserve more time. As for the newbies I think they deserve about 1/10 of slack... Also if there were some member bias, I don't think it would be a prefix like intrepid, but it would be more of Exalted.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] homocidalham Considering the number of non-mythics in the mythic members group, I doubt it...[/quote]Not to mention bobcasts 'A lot of blue bars died tonight' thread... I'd say most, if not all mods, look for mythic members to ban you regulars get off easy!
    Add more answer options

• Considering the number of non-mythics in the mythic members group, I doubt it...
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, we should start a Coup.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Keyboard_Warrior It seems as if members with higher titles get let off the hook, but when its a regular member they get insta-ban to the face.[/quote]Oh no! Really?! How long did it take you to figure this out?
    Add more answer options

• I wouldn't really know; I have never been banned.
    Add more answer options

• Wish I would have got let off the hook. And it may look like that, but it is very low percentage.
    Add more answer options

• I beg to differ. Maybe if you're known not to be a nuisance then yes.
    Add more answer options

• I don't understand any forum rules therefore I have had my fair share of stoppage of usage of bungie.nettage
    Add more answer options

• This is bull-blam!-, I get warnings/bans whenever I show any "aggression" in a discussion. No fun allowed.
    Add more answer options

• The mods aren't biased to anyone, except me. Who do you think funded most of the bribe money for them to become mods?
    Add more answer options

• Well you guys do suck, so its really only fair that you're abused by the rest of the community.
    Add more answer options

• actually they ban us just the same, for mythic's it just normally doesn't hurt their calculation enough to derank them.
    Add more answer options

• Intrepid has no value. Anybody can earn it, so there's really no prestige to be had. Now if an Exalted Mythic Member were to do the same, it would be a different story.
    Add more answer options

• How would you even know? They'd be banned.
    Add more answer options

• Everyone is treated equally in respect and everything else. Believe me as a moderator on other websites I know telling how they go about things.... It isn't treated like a dictatorship at all, if anything a lot of people get more off the hook than on the hook.
    Add more answer options

• Yes, elitism, backhanding peasants, upper class, fun stuff.
    Add more answer options

• Not true. The mods love banning blue bars.
    Add more answer options

• A very good point. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] catman6 Let's say your friend/acquaintance called you a name you do not like. You're probably not going to be too mad. If someone random, like a waiter said the same thing, you'd probably be mad.[/quote] [Edited on 10.12.2012 10:42 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Telec The mods all express a bias towards [i]my[/i] member...[/quote]It's hard not to, it's always at head height.
    Add more answer options

• Ninja's are picked because of their lesser bias.
    Add more answer options

• k
    Add more answer options

• I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.