JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

10/7/2012 1:16:43 PM

When will we start making WWII games again?

Nowadays, nearly every game is set in the future, or modern times, When I was younger though nearly every game was set in WWII, when will we revisit this era? Most games only dealt with the American perspective, What I'd really like is a WWII game from a German Perspective. [Edited on 10.07.2012 5:28 AM PDT]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Raptorx7 You can definitely play the original OP on that duel core. Red Orchestra: Ost Front 1941-1945. Its very realistic...You will die a lot, but you'll love every minute of it. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] elsnben [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Locke357 Red Orchestra 2 is a damn fine WWII game It has a german campaign as well as some damn fine MP[/quote] Will I need a £5000 PC to play said game or will my Dual core compaq laptop work with it well enough?[/quote][/quote] Again, the game definately sounds like it's worth it. [Edited on 10.08.2012 12:45 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• You can definitely play the original OP on that duel core. Red Orchestra: Ost Front 1941-1945. Its very realistic...You will die a lot, but you'll love every minute of it. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] elsnben [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Locke357 Red Orchestra 2 is a damn fine WWII game It has a german campaign as well as some damn fine MP[/quote] Will I need a £5000 PC to play said game or will my Dual core compaq laptop work with it well enough?[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• There have been too many WWII games already.
    Add more answer options

• Fair enough, the game looks like its worth investing money in anyway. Edit: Why do I always Forget to Quote? Anyway I was talking about Red Orchestra 2. [Edited on 10.08.2012 12:38 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Well IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Steel realesed not too long ago. And thats set in the Pacific WW2. [Edited on 10.08.2012 12:35 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] elsnben [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Locke357 Red Orchestra 2 is a damn fine WWII game It has a german campaign as well as some damn fine MP[/quote] Will I need a £5000 PC to play said game or will my Dual core compaq laptop work with it well enough?[/quote]I don't know about a dual-core laptop . . . a sub $800 PC would likely do though
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Locke357 Red Orchestra 2 is a damn fine WWII game It has a german campaign as well as some damn fine MP[/quote] Will I need a £5000 PC to play said game or will my Dual core compaq laptop work with it well enough?
    Add more answer options

• I honestly hope we never have to. It's already been done several times that it would be an overkill if more WWII games were made again.
    Add more answer options

• I'd only support moving back to WWII if we saw more a axis-central game. I want to be in the German Army crushing the French! The Japanese invading Manchuria and Indonesia!
    Add more answer options

• Red Orchestra 2 is a damn fine WWII game It has a german campaign as well as some damn fine MP
    Add more answer options

• Unfortunately we won't. Though I am sick of this COD knockoff crap. At least make a COD knockoff where everyone is a Dinosaur. Just Call of Duty with dinosaurs instead of soldiers. No other changes. It prints money!
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] lxl Syphon lxl22 I totally agree. WWII games (Cod and medal of honor) were a lot better. I was hoping that they'd bring CoD back to WWII....Someday....[/quote] Especially MoH: Frontline.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sir Fragula [/quote] Are you a new mod or something? I've never seen or heard of you before.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] coink13 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] An average gamer There were enough WWII games back in the day to make one about every soldier in that damned war. I, personally, never want to see another one again. [/quote] this made me lol OP I have mixed feelings about revisiting the era, I think that a d day landing in today's graphical engines would be a lot of fun as well as tromping through some jungles [/quote] That is another thing that I'd like to see.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] AlmondJoy99 moar vietnam[/quote] Thats a good era to vist too.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] UNT0T3N GERMAN [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sgt Mag1 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] hadlermaster What about games set during the Korean War?[/quote]It'd be neat. Especially since my grandfather is a veteran of that war. [/quote]So was mine! What division? His was 1st Cavalry.[/quote]7th ID.
    Add more answer options

• moar vietnam
    Add more answer options

• Who the heck is Sir Fragula? And ya, I love WW2 games.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sgt Mag1 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] hadlermaster What about games set during the Korean War?[/quote]It'd be neat. Especially since my grandfather is a veteran of that war. [/quote]So was mine! What division? His was 1st Cavalry.
    Add more answer options

• Thank god. I wonder who on earth wanted to make that there? [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sgt Mag1 I really didn't like the idea of that garbage being the new BiA. [/quote] Neither did I, here is what Pitchford actually said; [url=http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/12/new-brothers-in-arms-in-development]Full news story with video.[/url] [quote]"The hallmarks of the Brothers in Arms series are about authenticity, squad combat, brotherhood between soldiers," Pitchford told IGN. "I mean we really commit to and have a tremendous amount of deference in the Brothers in Arms games," and Furious 4 simply didn't align with these goals. Instead, Furious 4 will become a new IP, freeing Gearbox to work on a more traditional Brothers in Arms title.[/quote] [/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sgt Mag1 I really didn't like the idea of that garbage being the new BiA. [/quote] Neither did I, here is what Pitchford actually said; [url=http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/12/new-brothers-in-arms-in-development]Full news story with video.[/url] [quote]"The hallmarks of the Brothers in Arms series are about authenticity, squad combat, brotherhood between soldiers," Pitchford told IGN. "I mean we really commit to and have a tremendous amount of deference in the Brothers in Arms games," and Furious 4 simply didn't align with these goals. Instead, Furious 4 will become a new IP, freeing Gearbox to work on a more traditional Brothers in Arms title.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• I totally agree. WWII games (Cod and medal of honor) were a lot better. I was hoping that they'd bring CoD back to WWII....Someday....
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I They are still making Furious 4 but it's a different IP rather than the next Brothers In Arms. A lot of people didn't like the idea of a BIA game that wasn't serious and realistic so they made Furious 4 it's own series. If that makes any sense.[/quote]So, they are making an actual Brothers in Arms now? Thank you! I really didn't like the idea of that garbage being the new BiA.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sgt Mag1 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Raptorx7 The next one in production takes place during the battle of the bulge, im looking forward to it. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I I want another Brothers in Arms game, not like Hells Highway though, more like the first two games on the Xbox.[/quote][/quote] Yeah I saw Pitchford mention it during an interview and he said it was going to be more like the old games, I have high hopes for it. Thanks god they've decided on that rather than Furious 4.[/quote]Whoa, hold your horses bud! They aren't making Furious 4 anymore?[/quote] They are still making Furious 4 but it's a different IP rather than the next Brothers In Arms. A lot of people didn't like the idea of a BIA game that wasn't serious and realistic so they made Furious 4 it's own series. If that makes any sense.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Raptorx7 The next one in production takes place during the battle of the bulge, im looking forward to it. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] I Judge Bread I I want another Brothers in Arms game, not like Hells Highway though, more like the first two games on the Xbox.[/quote][/quote] Yeah I saw Pitchford mention it during an interview and he said it was going to be more like the old games, I have high hopes for it. Thanks god they've decided on that rather than Furious 4.[/quote]Whoa, hold your horses bud! They aren't making Furious 4 anymore?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] elsnben [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] BlackHeaven How long will it be before we have a game on the war on terror?[/quote] Medal of Honor does that now, don't they?[/quote]Yes. Fabulous story, and hopefully the second will deliver another great story.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.