JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

10/1/2012 10:35:30 AM
JFKES

The Most Impressive Physics Engine You've Never Seen

[url=http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/the-most-impressive-physics-engine-youve-never-seen]"The effects of a real life high-speed collision on a car are catastrophic. In video games, however, things are different. Technical ceilings, licensing hurdles and other factors have long conspired to keep car damage relatively superficial; a pre-canned layer beneath the surface, peeled back gradually whenever the game detects the player should be seeing a few token dents and scratches."[/url] This is actually really impressive. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I can't wait until developers are able to put physics like this into everyday games. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KppTmsNFneg#!]YouTube Video -Revolutionary soft-body physics in CryEngine3[/url] What's the Flood's view on this video and the physics endgine that is being shown off in it?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Delta SWE [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs]Can't beat big rigs[/url][/quote] I knew someone would post this.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs]Can't beat big rigs[/url]
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU]Borderlands 2.[/url]
    Add more answer options

• Jurassic Park Trespasser Despite the game being ridiculously disappointing and bad, the box physics were amazing.
    Add more answer options

• Its real life without fully loaded graphics.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] jew man man [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] IGN The Most Impressive Physics Engine You've Never Seen[/quote] But I have seen it before, IGN. I personally like the [url=http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Brigade-2-Engine-Brings-Real-Time-Ray-Tracing-Life-Game-Simulation-46830.html]Brigade 2 Engine[/url][/quote]By Odin's beard....
    Add more answer options

• I like the angry birds physics engine, boards falling down when they're hit by birds just behaves SO realistically in that game. they really nailed it with that physics engine.
    Add more answer options

• Impressive.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] RighteousTyrant This kind of stuff has been around a while, I used to work on a company that made software strictly for simulating and re-constructing vehicle crashes for insurance cases and lawsuits. If that kind of tech makes its way into games, awesome![/quote] That's really cool actually. I hope the strenths in sims are able to be carried over.
    Add more answer options

• Not exactly new, but It's better than what we're usually used to seeing in GTA, older Forza games, etc.
    Add more answer options

• That is awesome.
    Add more answer options

• This kind of stuff has been around a while, I used to work on a company that made software strictly for simulating and re-constructing vehicle crashes for insurance cases and lawsuits. If that kind of tech makes its way into games, awesome!
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] BumperJohn 117 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] WyIdfyre Can we get realistic boob physics now?[/quote] Go see your girlfriend.[/quote] Or you could play that Dead or Alive game.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] capitonRender007 This video and engine, are seriously old, like my great grandmothers great grandmother old.[/quote] Sorry, this is the first I have seen of it.
    Add more answer options

• Woah...
    Add more answer options

• Saw that video a while ago, subscribed to the channel. That's some pretty awesome stuff they've got on their channel. Beats Euphoria by a mile.
    Add more answer options

• Youtube is blocked in my area. Dos anyone have an MP4 version of vid in article?
    Add more answer options

• This video and engine, are seriously old, like my great grandmothers great grandmother old.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] petitminou Where's the driver?[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• I saw this demo a LONG time ago.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] BumperJohn 117 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] WyIdfyre Can we get realistic boob physics now?[/quote] Go see your girlfriend.[/quote]I don't have one though.
    Add more answer options

• Its cool,but im not impressed. [Edited on 10.01.2012 5:29 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] WyIdfyre Can we get realistic boob physics now?[/quote] Go see your girlfriend.
    Add more answer options

• No hatchbacks were harmed in the making of this video.
    Add more answer options

• That looks amazing. I'm sure Rockstar will eventually incorporate this into their games. It definitely looks like something a GTA would use.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] o0MrCheesy0o Seen it before. I leave disappointed. [/quote] I'm sorry. I took the title from IGN.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.