JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

9/27/2012 7:47:17 PM

Dealing with spoilers

There are incidents when users just post spoilers with the intention of getting as many unsuspecting people as possible to see them unintentionally, right? This goes against the COC and people would quickly report the post enough so that it gets minimised. I was wondering where things go from there, do the ninjas have to reveal spoilers to themselves for the good of the forum at times or am I thinking about this wrong? I mean, if so, that would be a real shame.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] RollinRollin13 Thankfully, I don't think Bungie.net has too bad of an issue with spoilers. They happen I'm sure, but aside from a few little things every now and then, I really haven't seen that many. Poor mods though, they see it all. :( [/quote] While I agree that they aren't [i]too[/i] bad around here, they definitely happen. I don't think we'll see as many [i]Halo 4[/i] spoilers as prior Halo games on Bnet simply because there isn't a dedicated forum for it this time around, and because the seasonal fans will likely be at Waypoint this time around - and it's usually those type of forum-goers that cause the trouble. I think the risk of spoilers for Halo 4 is much worse over there. [Edited on 09.28.2012 11:31 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ARBITOR 5 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Jump Into Hell SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE [/quote]NOOOO! How could you! [spoilers][url=http:// I knew that already][/url][/spoilers][/quote]Liar. Thankfully, I don't think Bungie.net has too bad of an issue with spoilers. They happen I'm sure, but aside from a few little things every now and then, I really haven't seen that many. Poor mods though, they see it all. :( [Edited on 09.28.2012 11:22 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Jump Into Hell SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE [/quote] Frodo destroys the ring and Gollum doesn't survive! Whoops! Spoiler Alert! LOL! [Edited on 09.28.2012 11:01 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I'll probably avoid most forums as the release nears. I like to experience the story first hand with no knowledge of what is coming, as opposed to having to expect something that I know is going to happen because I've been told/seen elsewhere. That said, usually it's possible to identify which threads will contain spoilers... all the same, I'll likely be avoiding [url=http://www.bungie.net/forums/topics.aspx?forumID=10][i]The Flood[/i][/url], regardless. [Edited on 09.28.2012 10:36 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I don't mind them really.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Jump Into Hell SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE [/quote]NOOOO! How could you! [spoilers][url=http:// I knew that already][/url][/spoilers]
    Add more answer options

• Read title as "Dealing with spiders". Hooray for 6am wake up call!
    Add more answer options

• SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] AcedannyK 7 I see. I suppose some ninjas will go dark near Halo 4's release then. I know I will be anyway.[/quote] Meh, I just don't really care. If I get spoiled, cool. If not, also cool. What I do know is that I'm going to play it for 12 hours straight. If it sucks, I'll go back to Reach. If it's good, I'll play it no more or less than I do Reach right now.
    Add more answer options

• I see. I suppose some ninjas will go dark near Halo 4's release then. I know I will be anyway.
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, we get spoiled all the time. It's not a big deal, just something you get used to. If something that I'm really excited about is coming up and I don't want to get spoiled, I'll just avoid the forums until I've seen it/heard it/read it for myself.
    Add more answer options

• I don't mind spoilers to be honest. They actually make me more excited for the game/film/whatever. I feel though, that the ninjas should only ban the user if he/she spams it across multiple threads. You shouldn't be on the Internet anyway if you want to avoid such. [Edited on 09.27.2012 11:55 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] catman6 The ninja's volunteer to do this job, therefore they do not *have* to do anything.[/quote]Yeah, I'm aware of that.
    Add more answer options

• The ninja's volunteer to do this job, therefore they do not *have* to do anything. If they really want, they'll probably link the thread in HFCS and see if another Ninja will deal with the problem.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.