JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

9/27/2012 4:29:29 AM

You should get titles based on how many bans/warnings you got?

For instance... for every week (7 days) you get banned you will get promoted with a higher tier title, this will give those of us who were banned a little dignity... since we already ruined our chances of getting a new title at that point- so why not? I would be a level 3 by now... [i]-blam!- Member[/i] [Edited on 09.26.2012 8:45 PM PDT]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CamCamm [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] burritosenior [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Carthurlane I would be a level 3 by now... [i]-blam!- Member[/i][/quote]You've only been here like a year and a half bud.[/quote]So?[/quote]... What do you mean 'so?' The primary factor for title is join date. A year and a half is not very long. So it's not as likely as he thinks that he would be a Legendary Member if he didn't get one ban. :/
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• That would encourage trolls.
    Add more answer options

• Creating a negative side of the title spectrum would enable users to form anarchic groups.
    Add more answer options

• How many times have your been rewarded for doing the wrong thing in life? Oh, that's right, never.
    Add more answer options

Nephilim713
    Nephilim713

Excited for FFXV - old

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SilverBulitt82 I disagree, all that will do is encourage massive rule breaking. The forums would turn to trash real quickly.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] burritosenior [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Carthurlane I would be a level 3 by now... [i]-blam!- Member[/i][/quote]You've only been here like a year and a half bud.[/quote]So? Anyway, terrible idea and reasons why have already been posted.
    Add more answer options

• No.
    Add more answer options

• I can't help but think this either wasn't thought out properly, or it's supposed to be a joke. [Edited on 09.27.2012 6:29 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Yep like it's been said a thousand times that would only promote bad behavior.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ChorrizoTapatio I think for every ban you recieve as a base member you should lose one leter in the word, "member". For instance: 1 ban- membe 2 bans- memb Get too many bans and you're no longer a member (perma ban). This is the best solution, right?[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Carthurlane I would be a level 3 by now... [i]-blam!- Member[/i][/quote]You've only been here like a year and a half bud. Anyways... no. I've been banned a dozen times for ridiculous reasons. My last ban was for a stupid reason, and I've had plenty of bans lifted by moderators, but they stay on your record. AND apparently lifting a ban counts as an additional warning, so I've had even more things against my title than even a single mistake by a moderator can give. It's not that upsetting when a moderator makes a mistake- I don't really mind. Accidents happen. But it does still affect the title so doing something like this would be... silly.
    Add more answer options

• If that were the case, I'd be a Bnet overlord by now. Funny thing is, I'd be a Mythic member if I weren't banned at all. Highest I've ever been is Honorable Heroic. [Edited on 09.27.2012 4:55 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I have to agree. It would most likely encourage bad or negative behaviour. [i] Dungeon Dweller Law Breaker Repeat Offender Miss demeanour Pond Life ASBO Number 5[/i] Not the way I'd like to go.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] xXIHAYD0IXx Reward people for bad behavior? Yeeeaaaaahhhh. How about not.[/quote]Haha, I agree, OP: No.
    Add more answer options

• So OP you think that The Flood doesn't have enough trolls and flame baiting threads already? I don't know if you should get a higher title from bans, but how about just a numer in the titlebar telling the amount of weeks the user has been banned? That would be pretty cool imo.
    Add more answer options

• I would have "God Tier" Member because of the types of bans I've received then. One of the bans would probably be unbelievable, but it's possible.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SilverBulitt82 I disagree, all that will do is encourage massive rule breaking. The forums would turn to trash real quickly.[/quote] I agree completely. It is all around not a very good idea.
    Add more answer options

• Just give them the Intrepid or Fabled prefix, that will teach them. I'll take the title "Pirate Member" if the web team is being generous though. Edit: For clarification, I mean that "Pirate Member" would be one of the titles you get after being banned. I'd take that title any day. [Edited on 09.26.2012 11:41 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CrazzySnipe55 Rewarding people for being bad members. So no.[/quote] I mean....Just think....Jon Cena would be equal to mythic by now... So ya no.
    Add more answer options

• No matter how bad the titles are, people will still find them as an incentive. Trolls (or today's equivalent of them)with incentives are a horrible, horrible thing.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CrazzySnipe55 Rewarding people for being bad members. So no.[/quote]I can only imagine what such a thing would produce...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Saint of Taint Bans/warnings should never be something to be sought after. Making rewards for -blam!- behavior is silly.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• Reward people for bad behavior? Yeeeaaaaahhhh. How about not.
    Add more answer options

• Bans/warnings should never be something to be sought after. Making rewards for -blam!- behavior is silly.
    Add more answer options

• That's like rewarding a spoiled kid for misbehaving. So no. Terrible idea.
    Add more answer options

• Yes, please. [i]Legendary Jerkface[/i]
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.