JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

9/2/2012 10:18:52 AM

Why isn't my adblock plus working?

I have it installed (from mozilla's website) and enabled. And yet every website I go on still have ads on. Why?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] DAS B00T x2 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Binman59 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] banj0 Because you want the sites to receive revenue.[/quote] And therefore not go down to tools like you stealing their content without watching a 20second video or having a banner on the side of their flash game.[/quote]Banners are fine, but come on. Youtube was profitable well before video adds.[/quote] I actually remember heaps of articles on Google losing money because of purchasing servers to keep up with demand I don't mind watching video ads as long as I don't have to pay to access Youtube at it's full capacity. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Binman59 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] banj0 Because you want the sites to receive revenue.[/quote] And therefore not go down to tools like you stealing their content without watching a 20second video or having a banner on the side of their flash game.[/quote] Implying that I steal content in the first place. . . [Edited on 09.02.2012 3:16 AM PDT]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Binman59 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] banj0 Because you want the sites to receive revenue.[/quote] And therefore not go down to tools like you stealing their content without watching a 20second video or having a banner on the side of their flash game.[/quote]Banners are fine, but come on. Youtube was profitable well before video adds.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] banj0 Because you want the sites to receive revenue.[/quote] And therefore not go down to tools like you stealing their content without watching a 20second video or having a banner on the side of their flash game.
    Add more answer options

• Did you add a filter?
    Add more answer options

• [quote]Why Isn't My Adblock Plus Working ?[/quote] Because You Touch Yourself At Night
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Fat Man 3000 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SKYDROME I've never understood adblock. What's so bad about giving the sites you use the necessary funds they need to remain active, without actually having to give them money?[/quote] Because I hate having to watch a 30 second ad every time I want to watch a video.[/quote]So do I, but it's preferable to the alternative.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Quantam Because it is not blocking ads, therefore it is not working, therefore it is not blocking ads. /Thread.[/quote] ...... If that was an attempt at humour, then you failed miserably. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Fat Man 3000 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SKYDROME I've never understood adblock. What's so bad about giving the sites you use the necessary funds they need to remain active, without actually having to give them money?[/quote] Because I hate having to watch a 30 second ad every time I want to watch a video.[/quote]No-ones making you stare at the screen, this isn't 1984. Tough it out, it's 30 seconds.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SKYDROME I've never understood adblock. What's so bad about giving the sites you use the necessary funds they need to remain active, without actually having to give them money?[/quote] Because I hate having to watch a 30 second ad every time I want to watch a video.
    Add more answer options

• Because it is not blocking ads, therefore it is not working, therefore it is not blocking ads. /Thread.
    Add more answer options

• I've never understood adblock. What's so bad about giving the sites you use the necessary funds they need to remain active, without actually having to give them money?
    Add more answer options

• Because you want the sites to receive revenue.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.