JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

5/6/2012 1:11:45 AM

You Win a Lottery of $150,000,000 After Taxes

What do you do with it? I'd buy this 10 million dollar house in LA A huge ass luxury Yact Mig 29 Invest Give no money to charity Lots of Sports Cars for every day of the month Make a suit with brand new $100 bills. Buy a small island ( or make an articial island ) Will add more as I think of stuff Also, inb4 people say they want to finnish school [Edited on 05.05.2012 5:15 PM PDT]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Burn it all America doesn't need that kind of inflation.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Claim it anonomously. Buy badass computer. Buy two 3DSes (~$150 each) Set money aside for each of my family members (colledge & emergency) Wonder what the heck to do with the rest of it. Probably fund my inventions with it. Yoozel has the right idea, I could buy the rights to a videogame series I love and then get a realy great game made. Probably Starfox 64 and/or Jedi Knight. [Edited on 05.05.2012 11:19 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Give 149 million to charity I dunno what I'd do with the rest. Maybe buy an apartment in the city. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] SweetTRIX When it comes to charity, I am honestly kind of conflicted. While I do believe in sharing in such a windfall with those that may need it, my issue would be that of how much faith I have that "they" are actually getting it. I would certainly not just start writing checks to multiple organizations.[/quote] [url]http://www.givewell.org/[/url] [Edited on 05.05.2012 11:16 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I'd take 10% and put it aside as disposable income; cars, house, impulse buys, whatever. With the majority of whats left it I would retain a personal lawyer/financial manager that I can trust to prudently invest it. I would also use some (maybe another 10%) to give some to my family/friends that need or deserve the break. When it comes to charity, I am honestly kind of conflicted. While I do believe in sharing in such a windfall with those that may need it, my issue would be that of how much faith I have that "they" are actually getting it. I would certainly not just start writing checks to multiple organizations.
    Add more answer options

• burn it
    Add more answer options

• Whoa-high roller here ^^
    Add more answer options

• Pay for school, then with the ~ $50,000 I have left after that, buy a Honda S2000. Maybe two of them.
    Add more answer options

• Not spend it all, because that would be stupid. Let at least half gather interest.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cerebral Cortex 10 million dollar house in LA[/quote] Los Angeles? Pfft. OT: I don't know. A better gaming PC? There isn't anything I really want.
    Add more answer options

• Put it in the bank and live off the interest.
    Add more answer options

• It's going to take more than $150,000,000 to buy the Halo IP. MS is very very greedy. I'm not even sure if they would sell it too dude. OT: I would be a nice house, fully paid off too, and save the rest for other stuff. [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Yoozel I'd buy the Halo IP back and return it to it's rightful owners. [/quote] [Edited on 05.05.2012 10:42 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I'd buy the Halo IP back and return it to it's rightful owners.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cerebral Cortex What do you do with it? I'd buy this 10 million dollar house in LA A huge ass luxury Yact Mig 29 Invest Give no money to charity Lots of Sports Cars for every day of the month Make a suit with brand new $100 bills. Buy a small island ( or make an articial island ) Will add more as I think of stuff Also, inb4 people say they want to finnish school[/quote]What's wrong with Finnish school the schools are fine in Finland
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Todge16801 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] jyrine [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cerebral Cortex What do you do with it? I'd buy this 10 million dollar house in LA A huge ass luxury Yact Mig 29 Invest Give no money to charity Lots of Sports Cars for every day of the month Make a suit with brand new $100 bills. Buy a small island ( or make an articial island ) Will add more as I think of stuff Also, inb4 people say they want to finnish school[/quote] You basically said everything I would do....expect I'd get a raptor jet instead of a mig29...[/quote] Just so you know, F-22 Raptors cost around $150,000,000 so your either getting all the other things, or just the plane. Your choice. [/quote]I can see it now his GF is looking at him with the biggest evil eye ever and his buddies are all telling him to buy the jet
    Add more answer options

• buy a nice, big house in the country, and then figure out with my gf what to do with the rest of it. How it should be done.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] jyrine [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cerebral Cortex What do you do with it? I'd buy this 10 million dollar house in LA A huge ass luxury Yact Mig 29 Invest Give no money to charity Lots of Sports Cars for every day of the month Make a suit with brand new $100 bills. Buy a small island ( or make an articial island ) Will add more as I think of stuff Also, inb4 people say they want to finnish school[/quote] You basically said everything I would do....expect I'd get a raptor jet instead of a mig29...[/quote] Just so you know, F-22 Raptors cost around $150,000,000 so your either getting all the other things, or just the plane. Your choice.
    Add more answer options

• First, i would pay off my college. Then, I don't know. I would definitely hire someone to help me not do anything stupid.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Dodge Reborn What do you mean after taxes? You can't get taxed on winnings. At least not in the UK. [/quote]Here in U.S. they'll tax you for almost anything.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Song [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Cerebral Cortex Give no money to charity[/quote] Jerk.[/quote]
    Add more answer options

• What do you mean after taxes? You can't get taxed on winnings. At least not in the UK.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Falerin Buy a fan.[/quote]DAMMIT
    Add more answer options

• Buy a fan.
    Add more answer options

• that would complete phase one of my plan(get money) so I would move on to phase two which is to "-blam!- -blam!-es" no one reply don't ruin it [Edited on 05.05.2012 10:09 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• Invest Give to family Invest in Science and medicinde Charity A small amount (200 thousand) for material objects Bills/debt
    Add more answer options

• I would put half of it in the bank so the interest would continuously build up, a quarter would go to a house and car and the rest would be just random things.
    Add more answer options

• Whatever I buy, I pay for it all up-front. No debts for me!
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.