JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

4/24/2012 7:42:23 AM
Viltre

Making use of the nameplate system on here.

Something I just thought of, seeing as how the nameplates no longer update on Halo Reach, only on the Reach service record page here, why not dedicate the nameplate system to the title bar system? [url=http://i.imgur.com/fdfKD.jpg]An example of what it could look like.[/url] I think that it would be a good way to utilize the nameplate system on here now that Bungie has no control of Halo anymore and it would allow people to customize their accounts a little bit more. What do you think? Does it sound good or does it seem a bit too frivolous?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It's a really cool idea but as dazarobbo said it's not necessary.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Good idea!
    Add more answer options

• I like this idea, especially if it is a choice thing, but I'm wondering if issues with ownership of the Halo ones would come up. Edit: Just because something is not needed does not necessarily make it a bad thing. [Edited on 04.24.2012 1:37 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• I really like this idea, maybe the webteam sees it and can tell us if we can have something like that.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] dazarobbo A Halo-game feature in something we don't even know [i]is a game[/i] or something that's being developed for us yet?[/quote] If the nameplate system returns with Bungie's next product, why do you assume that it's not going to get changed to Destiny-themed items? Why would it ever stay as a Halo theme for a non-Halo game? I can see the nameplates returning perfectly well, and they'll have everything to do with Project Destiny, not Halo. So I don't see the problem with adding them to our B.net title bars. Besides, why can't we keep those Halo symbols as another momento of what we accomplished during the Bungie-Halo Era? Just because they don't own the franchise any more doesn't mean that they are forced to give up swag that was created [i]during[/i] their time controlling Halo.
    Add more answer options

• Sounds like a pretty stellar idea to me, dude! :)
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] CHUD CHUFFER1 Something I just thought of, seeing as how the nameplates no longer update on Halo Reach, only on the Reach service record page here, why not dedicate the nameplate system to the title bar system? [url=http://i.imgur.com/fdfKD.jpg]An example of what it could look like.[/url] I think that it would be a good way to utilize the nameplate system on here now that Bungie has no control of Halo anymore and it would allow people to customize their accounts a little bit more. What do you think? Does it sound good or does it seem a bit too frivolous? [/quote] Just for this idea, I'm going to vote for CHAD to be the President... Really though, this is an outstanding idea, OP!!!!!
    Add more answer options

• So I could have a title thingy? Sweet!
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] dazarobbo It's not necessary![/quote]Well, of course (not many features are, like titles). I'm indifferent; but I don't see what problems this feature particularly would cause (and by that, I mean besides the usual "it clutters" or "it'll take the Webteams time", &c).
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] dazarobbo [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] antony X1000 Maybe if nameplates return in Destiny this could be implemented.[/quote]A Halo-game feature in something we don't even know [i]is a game[/i] or something that's being developed for us yet?[/quote]It seems unlikely that they'd pull another Aerospace. If it is a game (I think it will be) it is quite likely we will see Bungie.net exclusive features, like nameplates.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Izak609 I wonder what others feel about it though.[/quote]It's not necessary! [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] antony X1000 Maybe if nameplates return in Destiny this could be implemented.[/quote]A Halo-game feature in something we don't even know [i]is a game[/i] or something that's being developed for us yet?
    Add more answer options

• That actually quite a good idea, although some of them would look out of place. Maybe if nameplates return in Destiny this could be implemented.
    Add more answer options

• Well, then I can show off my Marathon nameplate; it's a fine idea. I wouldn't mind it. I wonder what others feel about it though. [Edited on 04.23.2012 11:58 PM PDT]
    Add more answer options

• As long as I could choose to have it on or not I'd be fine with it. Personally I think it adds clutter to an aesthetically pleasing title bar.
    Add more answer options

• I am in love with this idea and I feel that it must happen. Web Team people, would you be able to make this happen? Thanks, much love, - Kick
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.