JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Crimson

3/27/2012 2:26:04 AM

Videogame Soundtracks

So I started playing the free Chrome version of Crimson Steam Pirates and was pleasantly surprised by the Pirates of the Caribbean vibe I got from the audio track which brings me here to ask... Are you guys "officially" going to release an audio CD or just host the soundtrack here on b.net?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Thank for the sharing!
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Separikakku what percentage of those people would actually want the sound track.[/quote]i'm guessing 0%
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] path1k considering how much copies this game has sold and how old it is, i'm going to say no, the soundtrack would have been released around the same time the game was released, correct? if BUNGiE ever release an OST, they might as well make it free.[/quote] Agreed. I actually found the sound track a little annoying, but even if you liked it what percentage of those people would actually want the sound track. As for bungie making it available free, do you think they would release anything free? Be better to release the game itself free than the sound track.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] xmat123x That is incorrect. Nintendo, as a publisher, [u]usually waits a year or so[/u] before releasing the official CD or iTunes digital download[/quote]don't see the point though, the later they release it, the less copies it will sell. releasing a soundtrack before or on the release of a game will result in more sales then releasing it a year later, agreed? [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] xmat123x Hell, they could even release it for free after the purchase of an additional chapter.[/quote]for a game like this, i think not... [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] xmat123x or make it free, that would be grand.[/quote]agreed, don't see the point of charging for the OST when the game sold for $0.99 during it's launch
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] path1k the soundtrack would have been released around the same time the game was released, correct? [/quote]That is incorrect. Nintendo, as a publisher, usually waits a year or so before releasing the official CD or iTunes digital download (unless the soundtrack is used as a pre-order incentive ala Ocarina of Time 3D). Hell, they could even release it for free after the purchase of an additional chapter. or make it free, that would be grand.
    Add more answer options

• considering how much copies this game has sold and how old it is, i'm going to say no, the soundtrack would have been released around the same time the game was released, correct? if BUNGiE ever release an OST, they might as well make it free.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.