JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

4/14/2004 4:02:44 AM

Xbox name change

Wow, my first topic. Hopefully it's one that hasn't been discussed yet. I hope that Halo 2 will be a game that allows you (or does automatically when you beat it) to change your Xbox's name. I never played doa3 or whatever, and my xbox's name sucks, Hambone? Anyway what do you guys think of this feature? You know since bungie and MS are working together quit a bit on this game?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Well because, I named my dog, I named my sister, I'll name my children, when I was 14 i named the family car. I'll be damned if i don't get to name my xbox lol [Edited on 4/13/2004 9:45:00 PM]
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• what's the point of worrying about your xboxes name when you're playing on xbox live?
    Add more answer options

• I changed my box's name to BigNasty. Ya'll will see that name pretty soon, and fear it...
    Add more answer options

• Ha my Xbox's name is Shadow. No changes or nothing! Right outa the box. Lucky me....
    Add more answer options

• Just do it after every map, not permanent rankings just who did the best that map.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Bring the Noise No I mean that right after the screen that tells you who got first through last, have a medals screen for most headshots, lethal, etc...etc...[/quote] Yeah that would be cool. Goldeneye style!
    Add more answer options

• No I mean that right after the screen that tells you who got first through last, have a medals screen for most headshots, lethal, etc...etc...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Bring the Noise [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] EazyB I don't really care but I think it would be cool if you could get little medals after your name if you beat the game on various difficulties and accomplish other things. Just a thought.[/quote] Or better yet, after each multiplayer match. Medals such as most headshots, survivor, lethal, things like that[/quote] Those should go one the rankings but it would clutter up a name too quickly. Only XBL tournament wins and campain achievements should go by the name.
    Add more answer options

• I have to agree with M I K S 88, Halo bestowed upon my halo-machine the name Weasel, which I have taken quite some flak for at lan parties, but it is indeed something that has to grow on you, thus I've come to love it. Although, I wouldn't mind, say... Weasel v2.0? =D [Edited on 4/13/2004 8:42:19 PM]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] EazyB I don't really care but I think it would be cool if you could get little medals after your name if you beat the game on various difficulties and accomplish other things. Just a thought.[/quote] Or better yet, after each multiplayer match. Medals such as most headshots, survivor, lethal, things like that
    Add more answer options

• My Xbox is named CokedUpWerewolf. Tee hee.
    Add more answer options

• Ghandi....you have to make a new xbox live name in RtcW and that should change it. Make sure you save the nick.
    Add more answer options

• I kinda like the name of my X-box: Whicker. That was also the name in which I played when I won my very first Halo battle. Ahhh, that brings back memories of the good ol' days.
    Add more answer options

• I don't really care but I think it would be cool if you could get little medals after your name if you beat the game on various difficulties and accomplish other things. Just a thought.
    Add more answer options

• I got Hambone...i know it sucks. But i wouldnt change it if i had the chance. Hambone has become a part of me. Hambone is my home boy.
    Add more answer options

• I hope you can too....My friends were over and having fun being annoying on RTCW, and made my nickname mMhAmStErMm, and now it's my XBOX's name and when I play online it doesn't change.......It really sucks.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Stalking Puma I don't remember my box's name, but I my friend told me that w/ the newer xbox's, you can change the name in the initial stup or something like that.[/quote] hmm I bought mine last july because I had sold my first one, and no such luck
    Add more answer options

• Did you guys notice that your Xbox's name (when unchanged) has the same names as the players who don't pick their profile in splitscreen mode? Stompy Goat Donut The Big L And several others.
    Add more answer options

• I changed mine with RtcW....to my online alias so that when I play on Xbconnect, they can tell when I have already joined.
    Add more answer options

• I don't remember my box's name, but I my friend told me that w/ the newer xbox's, you can change the name in the initial stup or something like that.
    Add more answer options

• "Stompy" and "Goat" might not be intimidating, but what about "Stompy Goat". I'm already scared.
    Add more answer options

• I really like the name I changed mine to "Otaku".
    Add more answer options

• Yeah they got to change that feature. I mean how intimidating does "Stompy" and "Goat" sound.
    Add more answer options

• Yea mines called "The Big L" and I'd rather change it to something cooler and personalized. I think you can have up to 10 characters in it? I'm not exactly sure. What would you change it to?
    Add more answer options

• I think its a good idea. My xboxs' name sucks to, I wouldn't mind changing it.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.