JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

5/20/2006 8:56:34 PM

The Master Chief has new boots, too.

I was fooling around with [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/Halo3/wallpapers/h3_e32006_Announce_1280.jpg]this[/url] wallpaper, when I noticed the Master Chiefs [url=http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/HoboGrunt/?action=view¤t=Boots.gif]boots.[/url] Notice how they're different than [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/wallpaper_chief_ODSTs_1600.jpg]this[/url] boot, which I took from the [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/wallpaper_chief_ODSTs_1600.jpg]MC and ODST wallpaper.[/url] I think this means that the Master Chief has new armor, and that the gloves weren't just changed for the graphics. Also, when you compare the two wallpapers, you can see some other minor changes. Here's [url=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/HoboGrunt/Another-Boot.gif]another boot[/url].
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Dang. You're probably right. I think too hard about these things... Stupid spray paint.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Dudeyeahguyman Bungie said the game's levels are going to be more "desert themed" than the others. If by any chance this was a new suit ( I don't think so, just maybe some parts, but WHATEVER), maybe they gave him a tanner suit to help him blend in better with his environement. quote] Umm maybe he was spraypainted???
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Gunchum They also said in the desert theme, MC would be wearing sandals while riding a camel.[/quote] And an effing turban. So I just went looking for the place where I recieved my "info", but all I've found was: "Asked about the battered state of the Chief's armor, Marcus ventured, "The Chief is shown as warrior who has seen horrific battle – and it shows. The Earth is dry, barren, ravaged by the Covenant." " That's the closest thing I can find to back up my statement. I could've sworn there was somethign else. Oh well, I'm not going to go dig around any further at the moment. So I either still haven't found it, or I've started making up stuff on the fly. I also meant "dry" but I just typed in desert. Which is...all sandy and stuff. Yeah, I'm vague. [Edited on 5/20/2006]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Hobo GRrunt I was fooling around with [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/Halo3/wallpapers/h3_e3200 6_Announce_1280.jpg]this[/url] wallpaper, when I noticed the Master Chiefs [url=http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/HoboGrunt/?action =view¤t=Boots.gif]boots.[/url] Notice how they're different than [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/wallpape r_chief_ODSTs_1600.jpg]this[/url] boot, which I took from the [url=http://bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/wallpape r_chief_ODSTs_1600.jpg]MC and ODST wallpaper.[/url] I think this means that the Master Chief has new armor, and that the gloves weren't just changed for the graphics. Also, when you compare the two wallpapers, you can see some other minor changes. Here's [url=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/HoboGrunt/Another -Boot.gif]another boot[/url].[/quote] MC needs to look pretty too. Would you hold him back from fashionable footwear?
    Add more answer options

• They also said in the desert theme, MC would be wearing sandals while riding a camel.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Dudeyeahguyman About the color thing, one quick thought jumped into my head. Probably not true, but just thought I'd throw in more speculation and random into this. Bungie said the game's levels are going to be more "desert themed" than the others. If by any chance this was a new suit ( I don't think so, just maybe some parts, but WHATEVER), maybe they gave him a tanner suit to help him blend in better with his environement. Ya know. Just more crap to think about.[/quote] Where can I find that?............... You have just peaked my curiosity.......... :)
    Add more answer options

• About the color thing, one quick thought jumped into my head. Probably not true, but just thought I'd throw in more speculation and random into this. Bungie said the game's levels are going to be more "desert themed" than the others. If by any chance this was a new suit ( I don't think so, just maybe some parts, but WHATEVER), maybe they gave him a tanner suit to help him blend in better with his environement. Ya know. Just more crap to think about.
    Add more answer options

• He could have met up with Dr. Hasley and gotten some sort of new armor upgrades from her.
    Add more answer options

• in the weekly update they say that they played single player that took place before the trailer, so he had time to and prolly did get new equipment
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] brimic3 [url=http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9646/chiefcomparison8 dz.jpg]HERE[/url] is a side-by-side comparison of the H3 chief and H2 chief. You can clearly see the difference between the two.[/quote] To tell you the truth I don't see any major differences..........other than the color............ I do see a few different parts.......but not enough to call it a new suite................ Most of it just seems different because of the graphics upgrades.................
    Add more answer options

• The Halo 2 boots were more beautifull but maybe those new ones are more comfortable, so MC pick them up..
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] brimic3 [url=http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9646/chiefcomparison8 dz.jpg]HERE[/url] is a side-by-side comparison of the H3 chief and H2 chief. You can clearly see the difference between the two.[/quote] The helmet in Halo 3 looks like the new Multiplayer helmet. And the chest plate looks a bit different. Hmm...
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9646/chiefcomparison8dz.jpg]HERE[/url] is a side-by-side comparison of the H3 chief and H2 chief. You can clearly see the difference between the two.
    Add more answer options

• The chest plate and helmet also look different.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] HaloBot192 Has anyone tried looking at Halo: Combat Evolved and checking how many, if any, dots are on his gloves and boots? I doubt it has an real significance, but its been darting through m mind. Also, many people are saying that he has new armor because of his armor color, and I am undecided. If he did indeed get some new armor, than that would sort of explain his color. But the upgrade in armor from Halo to Halo 2 was still pretty solid olive/green. Why the sudden change? And if he didn't get new armor, than his suit is probably just fading in color. Have you seen the cover of Halo: The Fall of Reach? The other spartans have slightly faded armor. Also, Linda the sniper has less faded armor, maybe due to the fact that she doesn't have to get up close and personal? Sam and Kelly on the cover have an assault rifle and a shotgun, so naturally they would probably due the dirty work. I know, its unnecessary attention to detail, and I know that the chances of it being true are low, but whatever.[/quote] I thought the color of the armor was affirmed to have been caused by the dirt and grime on his armor?.................. I don't think their were dots on his gloves and boots from Halo CE..............just on his new armor............. I'm gonna stand by the belief of new parts............
    Add more answer options

• Has anyone tried looking at Halo: Combat Evolved and checking how many, if any, dots are on his gloves and boots? I doubt it has an real significance, but its been darting through m mind. Also, many people are saying that he has new armor because of his armor color, and I am undecided. If he did indeed get some new armor, than that would sort of explain his color. But the upgrade in armor from Halo to Halo 2 was still pretty solid olive/green. Why the sudden change? And if he didn't get new armor, than his suit is probably just fading in color. Have you seen the cover of Halo: The Fall of Reach? The other spartans have slightly faded armor. Also, Linda the sniper has less faded armor, maybe due to the fact that she doesn't have to get up close and personal? Sam and Kelly on the cover have an assault rifle and a shotgun, so naturally they would probably due the dirty work. I know, its unnecessary attention to detail, and I know that the chances of it being true are low, but whatever.
    Add more answer options

• that is pretty cool, to boot
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, I now just noticed that dot thing. The boots are sorta a different color because there is mud and dirt on his boots.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] BLACKJACK green I don't see the difference other than the dots................ Perhaps he just replaced a part............When you think about it, boots and gloves are the two pieces of equipment that wear out quickly for a souldier.........especially in rough terrain............so replacement parts wouldn't be far fetched............. It doesn't look like he has gotten new armor as a whole.............[/quote] Hmm... Yeah, I suppose that's more logical. He might have stumbled upon an old weapons cache, and grabbed new gloves, boots, and possibly the upgraded or new AR...
    Add more answer options

• You know what'd be cool? If with new armor came new armor color! Like if the Chief was a blue or something. Steel perhaps. There's still room for change for Halo 3 even though the E3 trailor depicts otherwise, look at the Halo 2 demo, and you see they made changes.
    Add more answer options

• I don't see the difference other than the dots................ Perhaps he just replaced a part............When you think about it, boots and gloves are the two pieces of equipment that wear out quickly for a soldier.........especially in rough terrain............so replacement parts wouldn't be far fetched............. It doesn't look like he has gotten new armor as a whole............. [Edited on 5/20/2006]
    Add more answer options

• They appear more flat because of the game engine. And as for the dots, I doubt they have any real signifigance. Bungie wouldn't have used the same old models from Halo 2. Also, there really is no way that the MC cold have gotten entirely new armor, considering how long it took for the Mark V and Mark VI to be developed. More than likely he got a few component upgrades.
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, I thought they looked the same too, just colored differently, or that just might be the lighting. But something definately happens to the armor, or atleast his hands. My innitial thought was that when the armor for the movie was being made, the gloves in the game were impossible of fitting a person's hands, so they had to be recreated to actually fit, so they chnaged them in the game too. It was a theory of mine, but probably doesn't pan ot at all. Just a thought, I'm sure something in the stroyline happens and his armor needs to be changed.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Spike12 Theyre the same, the Halo 3 screenshot is just showing them from the front.[/quote] The Halo 2 boots have five dot thingys, while teh Halo 3 boots have four, and the Halo 3 boot looks more flat.
    Add more answer options

• Theyre the same, the Halo 3 screenshot is just showing them from the front.
    Add more answer options

• Cool
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.