JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo

4/14/2004 2:46:33 AM
Yoozel

Bungie contest?

Hm.. well over my time here at Bungie.net and the 7th Column, I have noticed a trend, most members turn out to be somewhere in the age gap of 12-16 and then over. But the majority is still quite young and under the age to enter the contest, and I do know that bungie wants to include members who do not take part in the 7th Column service, which makes up a a huge chunk of the members, but is 18 really fair?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• 18 sounds fair to me!
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Oh yeah 4 sure i would enter my parents in, exept for one thing... WE DON'T LIVE IN AMERICA!!! Why is it, that whenever an american [b]web site[/b] holds a competition, they never include any other country/continent. THERE IS A WORLD OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN!!! How can you not afford to send someone over to bung!e HQ from another country. huh? - - HUH?!?
    Add more answer options

• [url=http://tinyurl.com/ypl2x] You mean this source? [/url]
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Twelve Large Hey, guys.. Just fyi, In the next issue of Game Informer (May Issue) , there will be a ten page blowout on Halo 2. And then there's e3. [/quote] Do you have a source for this info?
    Add more answer options

• Hey, guys.. Just fyi, In the next issue of Game Informer (May Issue) , there will be a ten page blowout on Halo 2. And then there's e3.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Yoozel I have noticed a trend, most members turn out to be somewhere in the age gap of 12-16 and then over. But the majority is still quite young and under the age to enter the contest. I've noticed a trend too....most of the damn world dont live in the USA! Totally not fair. How about a competition that a majority of Halo fans and Halo 2 anticipators can participate in? I like prizes too!
    Add more answer options

• The age thing is just all a legal stand point. But as they were saying enter your parent and then if you win yall two can go. Of course ask first :) Muhahah. Only thing worse than not entering is entering, winning, and then not being able to go.
    Add more answer options

• I was always under the impression that you had to be an adult before you could sign, and abide by, a contract. If you were, lets say 16, and you signed an NDA, and then you talked about Halo 2 goodness, bungie/microsoft couldn't sue your ass, because the contract would be void from the get go.
    Add more answer options

• the grand prize and the visit are the same thing
    Add more answer options

• Are they just excluded from the grand prize, or just the visit? It would seem a little silly to exclude them from figurines and stuff, but anything that improves my chances are ok with me.
    Add more answer options

• I can't believe us poor Canadians have to stand here and watch ... Why exclude North America's elite! *snif snif*
    Add more answer options

• Sorry guys... I definitely feel your pain, but unfortunately things get complicated when you start dealing with travel, non disclosure agreements and the fact that Halo is a mature game. Plus, the last thing we want to do is corrupt young innocent minds and send people on some kind of shooting spree because they learned how to master a sniper rifle while playing Halo. Right? =)
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Unstable Being 17 is more of a pain than 16, so close, but no bacon... *laughs maniacally* "CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR" bleh[/quote] *sniff* I want that bacon
    Add more answer options

• Being 17 is more of a pain than 16, so close, but no bacon... *laughs maniacally* "CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR" bleh
    Add more answer options

• It is unfair. I'm 16, and I'd like to go! But, it's probably a big insurance issue.
    Add more answer options

• Hrm, I think it's fair. I'm 18, so my chances of winning are greater when you guys can't enter. HAHA!
    Add more answer options

• Heh. But see they dont say how old your friend has to be.
    Add more answer options

• No I think it's fair. People under 18 can't keep a secret.
    Add more answer options

• yea im only 15 and turn 16 in august...i was pissed when i found out i coundt enter, i want a chance to go to bungie studios too...but i guess bungie has there reasons and looks at us younger ppl and dont trust us as much...which i understand perfectly...cause if u get to go to bungie studios ur gonna find out a lot about halo 2, and im sure if someone like my age would spill a $hit load of beans about halo 2 to ppl.....so i understand y bungie didnt make it a younger age to enter the contest....o well.
    Add more answer options

• You all dont think very hard about this do you. Ok, who in your family is 18 or over and will go to the bungie towers? Mom n dad, ok, now, it says you can bring a friend, and your moms best friend is her son or daughter of course, so your her best friend and u still get to go. Vua la, and it didnt take me to long to figure that out either.
    Add more answer options

• [b]YES [/b] I completely agree!!! I am 17 turning 18 October 10th and can't enter the contest. It's not fair...*sniff*
    Add more answer options

• Exactly what i'm thinking.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.