JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

8/31/2005 2:26:32 AM

Modem Help! <---

Hey guys I made a topic like this ago, but I can't find it, so I'm making a new one. I have Halo : Combat Evolved, and I want to play it trough XBC, my modem is a "Motorola SURFboard SB4100" and it only has one ethernet adaptor and one USB adaptor. The ethernet one works fine, I play Xbox Live there and the computer internet, so I bought a USB cable so I could share the connection, but it seems that the modem doesn't sends any internet to the computer using the USB cable. If you could help me I would be very thankful Greetings
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Nova Core [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] FusedDanksta Sounds like you are missing the USB Drivers for your particular brand of modem. I would suggest going to the website of the company that made your modem, chances are they will have links for downloading the drivers...[/quote] I'll try searching for the driver, but if someone could give me a link I would be grateful [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Iellowranger Buy a new one.[/quote] Yeah, like if I could crap money right? [/quote] that wount do anything, as stated you will need to buy a router sorry
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] FusedDanksta Sounds like you are missing the USB Drivers for your particular brand of modem. I would suggest going to the website of the company that made your modem, chances are they will have links for downloading the drivers...[/quote] I'll try searching for the driver, but if someone could give me a link I would be grateful [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Iellowranger Buy a new one.[/quote] Yeah, like if I could crap money right? [Edited on 8/30/2005]
    Add more answer options

• You have to buy a router. I have the same modem. And i had to do the same thing. They sell cheap ones for xbox at almost any game store. 40 dollars and up. [Edited on 8/30/2005]
    Add more answer options

• i think you need a router if you wish to share connections between ur computer and xbox decent ones are about $50 (i recommend "netgear") i dont think its possible to use the ethernet and usb at the same time i have the SBV5120 modem netgear router wire(less) have 2 computers and Xbox hooked and laptops (if any are brought over) [Edited on 8/30/2005]
    Add more answer options

• Sounds like you are missing the USB Drivers for your particular brand of modem. I would suggest going to the website of the company that made your modem, chances are they will have links for downloading the drivers...
    Add more answer options

• Buy a new one.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.