JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

2/16/2005 5:09:51 PM

Xbox2/Xeon/360 To have wireless controllers

Hey there is cool little article over at [url=http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000043031970] Engadget [/url] About the next Xbox's controllers being wireless, how cool would that be? I just hope it comes with rechargeable batteries, like the logitech cordless mice with the little cradles.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Wireless controllers really aren't a priority for me. First of all, I don't really trust their reliability. Second of all, they would be a luxury item that would drive up the cost of the new xbox without increasing its quality of performance. If they must exist, I say leave them to the aftermarket.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• that might be cool, i have never used one
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] focused7 They have wireless controllers avaliable for the current xbox.[/quote]But they dont feel quite right...
    Add more answer options

• I hate wireless. Wired is much more reliable. Just 2 inches farther away can make a really noticable difference.
    Add more answer options

• The MX700 is a wireless mouse that plugs into a charger when you're not using it. Battery life is usually a day +.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] kaz928 like the logitech cordless mice with the little cradles.[/quote] yeah it would be cool if the recharging cradles were part of the xbox...
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Slayd722 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ObbiQuiet One word: "batteries"[/quote] One word and some letters, even a couple numbers thrown in: Logitech MX700.[/quote] Don't understand. Are you saying it's a completely wireless device that does not require batteries?
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ObbiQuiet One word: "batteries"[/quote] One word and some letters, even a couple numbers thrown in: Logitech MX700.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Slayd722 A lot of you guys seem to be missing the point. He's not saying there will be optional, 3rd party wireless controllers - He's saying that there may be no other option than wireless. I'm okay with that... I used to be skeptical about wireless things, but now I have a Centrino and hooked up wirelessly to my network, and it's pretty stable... Wireless technology has come a long way. (Yes, I know there's a difference between WLANs and wireless controllers.) If they decide to make it standard and mandatory, then I trust them. They wouldn't choose controllers that cut out every 10 minutes. Some day, we may never want to go back to wired. And I don't think that day is very far away.[/quote] One word: "batteries"
    Add more answer options

• A lot of you guys seem to be missing the point. He's not saying there will be optional, 3rd party wireless controllers - He's saying that there may be no other option than wireless. I'm okay with that... I used to be skeptical about wireless things, but now I have a Centrino and hooked up wirelessly to my network, and it's pretty stable... Wireless technology has come a long way. (Yes, I know there's a difference between WLANs and wireless controllers.) If they decide to make it standard and mandatory, then I trust them. They wouldn't choose controllers that cut out every 10 minutes. Some day, we may never want to go back to wired. And I don't think that day is very far away.
    Add more answer options

• Yes I believe they meant it would have wireless controllers right out of the box.
    Add more answer options

• there were wireless controllers for SNES?? amazing!!
    Add more answer options

• I haven't had a wireless controller since the SNES days, I don't trust them at all.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] focused7 They have wireless controllers avaliable for the current xbox.[/quote] yea but i think by wireless he means that the controller ports would actually be those little reciever things and EVERY controller was wireless.
    Add more answer options

• They have wireless controllers avaliable for the current xbox.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.