JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Halo
DARTH W00KIE
    CanineThewolvie

CanineThewolvie

12/2/2012 12:16:08 PM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Gottalovec4 [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ajw34307 They have not said this... Sci-fi is what they do best, and I do like the premise of Destiny being based off Arthur C. Clarke's 'Childhood's End'. They should stick to their strengths, especially with the horribly unfair terms of their deal with Activision.[/quote] Unfair? They were the ones who decided to leave Microsoft and their multi-billion dollar cash cow franchise in the first place. And the terms with Activision are 3 games on all 3 consoles....whats bad about that?[/quote] I think he's talking more about the restriction imposed by the publisher to receive royalties and "extra" profit (good rating of 90% from revieweras etc...) than anything else. But i consider it's a good thing for Bungie, this is clearly a challenge for them. Seeing how hard the contract is, it will push them to their limits, conclusion : Activision contract has good in it. Well, back to the thread, OP, Bungie won't avoid SCi-Fi game (at least during these 10 years) and if i don't make a mistake Cortana 5 talked about a possible trilogy based on 3 differents mythic sword. Maybe Destiny will be their "last" great Sci-Fi game before they make something different. But i must admit i would like to see Bungie resurect Project Phoenix ! if a dev is watching my lines he he ^^
    Reply Start Related Topic
    Edit Preview Cancel
    Gottalovec4

Gottalovec4

12/2/2012 6:49:56 AM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ajw34307 They have not said this... Sci-fi is what they do best, and I do like the premise of Destiny being based off Arthur C. Clarke's 'Childhood's End'. They should stick to their strengths, especially with the horribly unfair terms of their deal with Activision.[/quote] Unfair? They were the ones who decided to leave Microsoft and their multi-billion dollar cash cow franchise in the first place. And the terms with Activision are 3 games on all 3 consoles....whats bad about that?
    Reply Start Related Topic
    Edit Preview Cancel
    fez479

fez479

12/2/2012 6:11:24 AM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] ajw34307 They have not said this... Sci-fi is what they do best, and I do like the premise of Destiny being based off Arthur C. Clarke's 'Childhood's End'. They should stick to their strengths, especially with the horribly unfair terms of their deal with Activision.[/quote] Wait where did you get this mention of "Childhood's End"? That sounds awesome.