JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foren

ursprünglich gepostet in: Sniper rifles heavy weapon not special
8/6/2014 2:13:27 PM
Im for sniper rifles being a heavy slot for a specific reason: not enough variety. Give snipers on shot headshot and a chance to kill in one shot body shots, and they are a good balance with heavy weapons. Then you can move the hand cannon to the special slot, give it more range and a one shot headshot bonus, give it a little more kick, then Bam! A long, medium, and short range option in every slot, the hand cannon has a home hes competitive with, and at this point all primaries are rifles. I feel this would be a better balanced spread for bungie to work numbers with, and overall it would provide a variety of weapon setup choices. I know the snipers out there would be upset, but you would have the hnad cannons as a pocket sniper, scout rifle as a long range menace, and the sniper as a heavy that destroys from a distance. Maybe up the snipers damage vs vehicles a bit, turn aim assist up a little, and viola! A heavy weapon that looks, sounds, feels, and most importantly is a viable heavy weapon choice. Plus a bonus as the hand cannon being long range, as i think it should be, with a high skill cap, due to no largely magnified scope. Further out, the more skill required. If you dont agree with me, please state why. Not just "i dont like it". Lets talk balance here people. Open your minds a bit to the fact that sniping shouldnt be THAT common, much like in halo. Yes, i know this isnt halo, but its very similar. I think sniping is legit when used properly, this method would force you to use your bullets carefully, meaning you have to make them count. We have all experienced the sniper sitting in the scrap yard on the outside of the moon map, and realized some of the time he isnt actually helping his team objectively. Weve all sniped a captain in the face and one shot him in pve. They have a heavy feel to them. Lets let them be powerful. These sniping montages would be that much more badass. Plus, we would really be gaining out of this, because lets face it, the scout ouclasses the hand cannon as it is. If the hand cannon moved to special, it would be outclassed by the sniper. Now this way everything will have its own strengths and weaknesses.
English

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• I don't agree at all. Moving the sniper to heavy because a few people sit on the edge of the map one-shotting everyone because they can actually hit the head? What about the idiots who camp with a shotgun, or are actually good with the fusion rifle? They're one-shots too, and just as annoying. Beefing up the hand cannon to make it a sniper without a scope is dumb too. It's a handheld weapon... I don't feel like it should be a tank with near perfect accuracy at any range. Now, if the sniper was a heavy it would have to destroy vehicles fast, and kill everyone in one shot no matter where you hit, and then have very little ammo. Othrwise it wouldn't feel like a heavy. They've already nerfed the sniper a lot compared to halo, as there is no hip fire crosshair, and you can easily see anyone who scopes in. All they really need to do is make the ammo less common. It's too easy to run around actively using your special and never running out of ammo.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• making ammo less common would severly nerf the shotgun and fusion rifle. I do believe the camping with the shotgun is annoying as well, although can be avoided due to radar bleeps, and knowing that the enemy is there. most shotty campers will tactically camp flag points, meaning playing smart (But vaginal) defense. Sniping most of the time just... happens. Not really tactical choice, not really much purpose other than the CoD metality of going on "killstreaks". You CAN argue that there is a tactical prevention of them being able to do anything until they respawn, but lets be honest, what the hell is the sniper doing for his team? it doesn't promote objective play, and anything that doesn't promote objective play is a problem in my book. Beefing up th hand cannon into the special slot, would give it its much needed place in this universe. Right now I feel it is a weapon that, while aesthetically appealing and awesome feeling, it is outclassed by the scout rifle severely. While I do appreciate the objective, constructive argument, give me a fix that would allow this game to be more balanced and flow more freely. I think the one thing we agree on is that the hand cannon is under powered. My fix would give it a place. So, what your saying is space magic is real, but a handheld sniper is too unrealistic for you? Its name is "Hand Cannon". Not "Powerful Pistol". Its a game that takes you to space, on planets with no atmosphere, and you can run around without dying from oxygen loss, or pressure displacement.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• The thing is, handguns are usually sidearms.. your last line of defense. They've already been beefed up significantly to become a primary... I guess I just don't find the bullets are big enough for extreme power, and the barrel isn't long enough for extreme accuracy. To tell you the truth I don't know what the fix would be, but I don't agree that making a hand cannon into a special weapon would be good... it feels like a primary. It should be a primary. It just needs a little enhancement for pvp. As for the sniper being a heavy? It woild have to be a binary rifle from halo 4 to feel like a heavy, and that would be worse than just getting sniped now, because now you have a chance to live. It would basically be an even more accurate golden gun... no thank you. It isn't op as is, so I say leave it. Less special ammo wouldn't nerf the shotgun at all if you know how to use it. I've seen many people simply run around the map with a shotgun the entire match and never run out, while killing a ton of people. It is a one shot when used properly. An easy one. If you shoot from too far, I guess it would nerf it... but the same goes for if you suck at sniping. The game is good as is, with minor balance changes. I feel that autos should be worse at range, scouts should be worse up close, hand cannons should be all purpose but not the best at any, and pulse should own the mid range. So. Short range would be auto, then hand cannons, then pulse, then scout. Mid range should be pulse, then hand cannons, then scout and auto. Long range should be scout, then hand cannons, then pulse, then auto. Something along those lines at least. It doesn't quite work out just like that... but whatever. We both agree there's an issue though :P

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• Bearbeitet von Blakimus: 8/7/2014 6:54:38 PM
    Good post. And thanks for the logic backing up your view, as no one on any other posts have actually explained their reasons for disagreement. I honestly love the hand cannon, and i like how it plays a lot. It could be beefed up a bit as short to medium range, that would be a great fit as a primary. Making it a more "good in any situation, best in none" kind of weapon. While still demanding skill in each situation. As it stands from beta, it plays like a worse version of the scout rifle. At least to me. As for the sniper to heavy fix... idk i guess i was using that to make way for the hand cannon while giving more variety to the heavy slot. The sniper is honestly fine where it is, and i enjoy playing with it, i do know they need to adjust the hitbox for headshots to make them slightly harder to hit. Either of our proposed fixes would work in theory, its just our preferences are different. In the in Bungie will do what is right for the game. Again, thank you for this thread. Very constructive feedback going on here. We need more of this for other areas of the gake as well.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• The first thing I noticed when trying the hand cannon in pvp was it's similarity and inferiority to the scout. :P But yeah, your idea could work too, and honestly I'd be fine with it, as it does balance out the variety for each type. And thanks for not freaking out and breaking down into useless anger because my opinion was different. Too many people seem to do that!

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

Es ist dir nicht gestattet, diesen Inhalt zu sehen.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon