JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Diskutiere über alles, was mit Destiny 2 zu tun hat.
6/24/2024 5:32:16 PM

Trials is unfair, and if you think it's not then you're part of the problem.

Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2 can be perceived as unbalanced for several reasons: Skill-Based Matchmaking Issues: The lack of a real matchmaking algorithm fails to properly balance teams based on skill level, leading to mismatches where highly skilled teams face off against less experienced or less skilled opponents. Power Disparities: Trials of Osiris uses Power Level advantages, meaning players with higher Power Levels have a statistical advantage over those with lower Power Levels. This can create an imbalance if one team significantly out-levels the other. Meta and Loadout Dominance: Certain weapons, subclasses, or loadouts may dominate the meta at any given time, giving an advantage to players who use them. If these dominant choices are not properly balanced or countered, it can lead to frustration among players facing them. Cheating and Exploits: Unfortunately, some players resort to cheating or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage, which disrupts the balance and fairness of Trials of Osiris matches. TLDR - I shouldn't have to dedicate my life to PvP as an aging man who's reaction time just gets worse with age, to have a chance at some of the best gear in the game. And if you disagree, then you're part of the group that takes advantage of the broken system.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• https://imgur.com/a/FWIRdOp You have barely played trials man. Stick with it and don’t expect to go on 7 win streaks for free when you are not playing well.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• "aging man" 😂😂 act your age and grow up then

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• Trials is very fair imo. I'm at best average, and I go Flawless all the time. It takes me a lot longer than a good player, but if I'm not as skilled it SHOULD take me longer... that's fair. I should have to put in more time and effort. People want Trials to be rigged so everyone wins. That's not fair to people who have honed their game with a lot of practice. If you are at your skill ceiling, be like me. Grab a Ferocity card, and let statistics carry you Flawless.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• I agree with all of your critiques except for skill-based matchmaking. The mode fundamentally doesn’t work if every person has a 50/50 chance of winning every game. Trials runs on an open tournament system which ensures that the average result is that the best players go to the lighthouse and the worst players do not. I think instead of worrying about winning every game and going to the lighthouse, it should be the goal of lesser skilled players to practice and earn the standard level loot, which is still generally great loot. Instead of artificially making it so lesser skilled players win more, you should instead be rewarded more for your time, regardless of win or loss. It should be that if you play a match and put up any sort of fight, you should get rewarded. Currently, losing means you just wasted ~7 minutes of time for nothing: this should simply not be the case. I understand there’s a worry about people afk farming so instead they should put safeguards in place (which they should not tell the community the criteria for) where if a player doesn’t get x amount of damage, kills, deaths, actions, movement, abilities used etc. they should not receive a reward. There are plenty of algorithms that Bungie could implement to discover the combination (or more likely set of combinations) of these stats which maximize punishing afk farms or boosters while minimizing false positives, where they deem the acceptable error for this is up to them of course. As it is, afk farms/boosting are barely a problem in most PvP modes (besides Rumble) as it seems people do get banned for reports on this front from their teammates. And frankly, as a player who can consistently go to the Lighthouse, I really don’t care if average and below average players are showered in the basic tier of loot. This just ups player numbers, makes it more possible for players to earn their flawless, and my experience remains mostly unchanged.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• The only thing I hate about Trials is when I watch other people play it they get opponents every match that are absolute blueberries that turbo feed giving them easy wins. Every match I play I get two teammates who instantly run to the choke and die to team shots leaving it a 3 on 1 15 seconds into the match.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

Imagine UFC fighters threw a fit every time they had to fight someone with a better record than them. Honestly, grow up. It's just a game

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

2 Antworten
    • Bearbeitet von EMUracing: 6/27/2024 12:46:05 PM
      The Trials structure does not work with SBMM in any way. Unless you go in with a full team, the teams are split by RNG and sometimes you get good teammates, sometimes you dont. I personally have never liked the round based elimination type modes, but thats just my take on it. The playstyle is winning at all costs, so your movement/build/weapons need to be good, and game sense needs to be above that of your enemy. If you feel that you cant do that, then honestly, trials in not the game mode for you. And this is part of the issue with trials, is that it constantly deters the lower skill brackets from playing, which is what is actually needed for a healthy playlist. As the season progresses, the playlist gets smaller and smaller, and average skill increases. Where players who could comfortably go flawless early in a season have difficulty later because they are now in the lower skill brackets in the playlist as the playlist shrinks in population.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
      Vorschau

1 Antworten
      • So teams of better players are winning? This is a big problem I’m calling bungie rn They have made several changes so more casual players can get loot and yet you, a full grown man is complaining on a game forum that said game isn’t fair….

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
        Vorschau

• Trials isnt meant to be fair, its meant to be a mode where the skilled succeed. There will always be a meta, theres a meta in every game and in every activity. Using the meta is not an issue, everyone can use it. SBMM would actually kill trials given how trials works, you cannot expect a 7 win streak under conditions that give a 50% chance of winning every game (that leads to an 11% chance if you use both mercies and a 0.78125% chance without any mercies, remember confidence is needed for the title), it would also make carries impossible (also required for the title) not to mention the bottom end players would still get dominated or have to wait ages and top end players would still dominate or have to wait ages. SBMM never works and doesnt promote skill, if everyone is equal and has an equal chance of going flawless then there is no prestige in getting it. Your argument is basically saying you want things easier because you dont want to have to play and improve.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
        Vorschau

4 Antworten
        • You should be wise enough to know competition is anything but fair , there is the quick and the dead You may not get flawless, but just matchmake and occasionally you will get God tier teammates who can carry you to wins and get trials guns through the rep system

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• I swear some of you have no idea what “endgame” content even means. This is just like the post a few weeks back where the dude complained his new light wife was having trouble in a GM so they should be made easier.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• Skill issue!

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• [quote]TLDR - I shouldn't have to dedicate my life to PvP as an aging man who's reaction time just gets worse with age, to have a chance at some of the best gear in the game. And if you disagree, then you're part of the group that takes advantage of the broken system.[/quote] This mentality is exactly why bad players remain bad in both PvE and PvP. If you’re too much of a geriatric to be able to dedicate time to improving then maybe it’s best that you accept the fact that Trials may not be for you. The people who never improve at this game are the exact same people who constantly place blame and try to scapegoat absolutely everyone and everything else for their own shortcomings. They almost always do so while simultaneously asking for the game to be dumbed down in order to cater to them as well. If you don’t think that you should have to dedicate time in order to be even remotely successful in Trials then you should also realize that at your level you shouldn’t be able to walk into endgame PvP and be successful either.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• You are wanting something out of Trials that Trials is not and you're blaming other people for it not being what you want it to be.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• The issue with skill based matchmaking is that were it to be implemented more thoroughly, no one would ever go to the lighthouse. Like, not one team, unless they cheat.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• So you're old and want end game loot handed to you

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

• Not too be a jerk or anything but the lighthouse is not meant to be easy and isn't meant for everyone, it's end game pvp it's supposed to be hard if you can't get too the lighthouse learn how to play pvp or just find people to carry you to it. So stop crying about trials and learn how to play, find people to help you out or just don't play there's no one forcing you to play.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
          Vorschau

1 Antworten
          • We need SBMM and maybe a Khovostov nerf. That’s it tbh

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
            Vorschau

10 Antworten
            • It’s definitely needs some sbmm

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
              Vorschau

• The team balancing is my problem. Had a match last weekend, fair given it was a 3v2. We almost lost 5-3 at the end. That entire match both of my team mates got a combined kill count of 2 😐

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
              Vorschau

• [quote]Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2 can be perceived as unbalanced for several reasons: Skill-Based Matchmaking Issues: The lack of a real matchmaking algorithm fails to properly balance teams based on skill level, leading to mismatches where highly skilled teams face off against less experienced or less skilled opponents. Power Disparities: Trials of Osiris uses Power Level advantages, meaning players with higher Power Levels have a statistical advantage over those with lower Power Levels. This can create an imbalance if one team significantly out-levels the other. Meta and Loadout Dominance: Certain weapons, subclasses, or loadouts may dominate the meta at any given time, giving an advantage to players who use them. If these dominant choices are not properly balanced or countered, it can lead to frustration among players facing them. Cheating and Exploits: Unfortunately, some players resort to cheating or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage, which disrupts the balance and fairness of Trials of Osiris matches. TLDR - I shouldn't have to dedicate my life to PvP as an aging man who's reaction time just gets worse with age, to have a chance at some of the best gear in the game. And if you disagree, then you're part of the group that takes advantage of the broken system.[/quote] I'm objectively bad at PvP and I've never once thought that trials was unbalanced or unfair. It's not something I'm good at, so I don't succeed and that's totally fair. If it bothers you you can either get better or stop playing.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
              Vorschau

6 Antworten
              • It's plenty fair. If your team is good enough to beat your opponents, you get the stuff. Also now you can just get most of the stuff by existing in trials, it will just take longer. I personally don't go into trials too often as I recognize I'm not that great, have no real desire to significantly improve, and would probably enjoy doing something else in the game.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
                Vorschau

• Trials is [b]fair[/b] because it is RNG who you match against. And if you're solo; it is completely RNG who is on your team. This equity is necessary for trials to function in its current 7win tourney style mode. Power disparity is fair because all players have equal access to the power grind. What you're asking for with balanced SBMM etc would ruin trials as whole in its current implementation. Cheaters and exploits suck; which is why i don't play trials on PC anymore. Having a card ruined by a player who is 27 k/d for the week with 100+ games and infinate heavy is stupid.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
                Vorschau

4 Antworten
                • Dude. You went with the old man excuse to finish your post. You negated everything you said properly to a oh poor me. That’s not how you finish an opinion piece. People only remember the end so you highlight those points in closing statements

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
                  Vorschau

• Trials is just a tournament nothing more nothing less. It's fine the way it is.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
                  Vorschau

3 Antworten
                  • I’m a 1.5 kd with no friends that play this game anymore. I have to play against 3 people that have been flawless 589 times. I can’t 1v3 every week. Leaves my teammates up to chance. They need to make trials flawless once a week per character. Everything else in the game is and it would make the games more enjoyable not playing sweats who farm it.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
                    Vorschau

Es ist dir nicht gestattet, diesen Inhalt zu sehen.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon