JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Dienst-Alarm
Destiny 2 wird aus geplanten Wartungsgründen morgen offline sein. Bleibt mit @BungieHelp auf dem Laufenden.

Destiny 2

Diskutiere über alles, was mit Destiny 2 zu tun hat.
6/23/2024 1:39:26 AM

WINNOWER: AN UPDATE

Hi, y’all. Remember when a lot of people in the lore community said the Winnower doesn’t exist? Well, yeah… IT DOES. This is a perfect moment to do an AHA but I don’t want to. Instead, I want to know your thoughts on whether the Winnower is a being worth fighting, or whether we should get out of its way. Will this be the fight that kills the legendary guardian? Or will we change everything and slay a primordial being? Let me know… Be seeing you.
English
#lore #destiny2

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• The Winnower is on our side. He views the Witness as nothing but bad news and actually congratulated us on killing it. We wouldn’t…well, we SHOULDN’T ever even THINK about killing him. Plus, if we GENUINELY become a “God killer”, that’s the day that Destiny goes COSMIC and I genuinely don’t ever see that happening until we actually come to the for real end of the series.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst. Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten

• Bearbeitet von Shockwave 989: 6/24/2024 8:06:49 AM
    In the case of the Unveiling lore book, it’s rather clear that the Winnower isn’t a being we’re going to fight. It views the Pattern as inevitable, it’s simply attempting to convince us that it is right. Whether Bungie intended to retcon the Winnower or not with the introduction of the Witness, it seems that the reason we’re getting this confirmation now is that it provides a way forward for the Hive after the defeat of the Witness. My main question is as follows: Does Xivu know of the Winnower? It would seem odd for the Hive God of War to serve another being when said being is actively disobeying the primordial responsible for their way of life. So I wonder if perhaps she didn’t. Perhaps that will be the ‘Heresy’ the third Episode was named for. It also would’ve been nice if the raid lore could’ve clarified things like this a bit, you know? Show the Winnower trying to convince the Precursors, them deciding they want to stop the game, the Winnower’s reaction to that decision, show the Witness learning that Oryx managed to commune with the Winnower and how it might seek to stop its old master from stealing away its army, etc. There’s a lot of unanswered questions and it will feel rather weird to get a lot of these clarifications long after the Witness is dead. Edit: Regardless, I’m glad Bungie went this route, intended or not. The Formless One was always one of my favourite bits from the Grimoire and I’m glad I was wrong about them (ironically) going the simplest route.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

• I wasn't aware the forums were capable of talking about the lore, it just looks like they gotta look at a couple bugs or oversights and call the whole expansion trash.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
    Vorschau

3 Antworten
    • Well Bungie did put their finger on the scale with this topic. I do feel a little vindicated too though haha but no one’s always right so no biggie. Let’s discuss it. It’s a being we SHOULD have to deal with. The changes going on with the PH bleeding power and mention of the Shard, we aren’t done with the Traveler. I noticed how FS used the Alpha Lupi cards to describe the Traveler entity. Not a coincidence that it is 180 how the Winnower is portrayed. That sort of polar opposition in traits is actually complimentary, making up for the others lack of if you were to combine them. One has a physical presence, the other not One talks, one is silent One has memories, one doesn’t One understands basic concepts, the other doesn’t The Winnower, aka Darkness/Consciousness, expresses its powers traits. The Gardener, aka Traveler/Creation/Body, expresses its traits. Combined they would form a whole entity and the unity of the powers as they originally existed.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Bearbeiten
      Vorschau

4 Antworten
      Es ist dir nicht gestattet, diesen Inhalt zu sehen.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon