I have had issues with my game crashing constantly since the 30th anniversary update. It was not an issue before the update and I don't have this problem with any other games that I play. I have been fighting with this for over a month now and nothing I have done has resolved the issue, the only error I get in event viewer that coincides with the crash is a bad_module_info. I have seen many posts online of people getting the same thing with no resolutions.
It's getting to the point where if this does not get fixed soon I will be asking for a refund on my purchase of witch queen as it's ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet. I can sometimes play for 1+ hours with no issue, other times it will crash every 10 minutes. It doesnt matter what I'm doing, I can be doing a nightfall, dungeon, planet activities or I can just be standing around in the tower or navigating through the character menus.
A pastebin of a dxdiag after a fresh restart is linked here. Some of the MANY MANY things I have done are:
- Tried multiple different combinations of locking the game to 4k, 1440p, 1080p with different locked framerates from 120 all the way down to 30 and different graphic settings including the lowest. All of this tried as well in full screen and windowed modes.
- Multiple game file integrity checks and deleting of the cache files, then reinstalls of the game entirely
- I have made sure windows is up to date and updated ALL drivers including chipset, video, audio, network, even usb drivers. This was done both before AND AFTER a complete format and reinstall of windows. I have updated my BIOS as well.
- I've done stress tests on my cpu with cinebench and ryzen master, memory with memtest86 and the windows diagnostic tool, GPU with 3DMark and Heaven, all tests pass with no issues on all components.
- I've tried some of the internet fixes like running the game in administrator mode and disabling full screen optimizations.
- Against my better judgement I've tried playing with my anti-virus disabled and that didn't help.
So shortly after making this post the game just magically seemed to stabilize and I didn't have crashes anywhere near as much as they were happening before, but they did still happen. Fast forward to witch queen and the crashes have again returned with a vengeance. Somehow I've managed to complete the first two story missions but now I cant even complete a boss fight in the 3rd, don't even know if its the last fight or not. This is really getting ridiculous, I've updated video drivers again to ones just released on 2/24 and its still crashing