We're currently investigating issues where Xbox players are seeing "blocked" players in their roset. Xbox players are who experiencing issues where all non-friends are blocked for them should try the following steps below.
[i]IF THE STEPS DON'T HELP[/i], please provide a video or screenshots on YouTube, Twitter, or [url=https://imgur.com/]Imgur.com[/url] displaying your Xbox "Communication and Multiplayer" settings AND your Roster page showing the blocked accounts.
[spoiler]- Go to account.xbox.com/en-us/settings and login
- Click on your Profile
- Under "Privacy" set "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" to Everyone"
- Set "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" to "Everyone"
- Click "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" toward the top
- Set "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live" to "Allow"
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Online Safety & Family
- Privacy & Online Safety
- Xbox Privacy
- View Details and Customize
- Communication and Multiplayer
- Set "You can join cross-network play" to "Allow"
- Set “You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text” to “Everybody”
- Then [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12539]clear your console cache[/url].[/spoiler]
So far I’ve done all the steps but they seem to only work as temporary fixes,and they only work some of the time.
I did notice something strange though, when the blocked symbol comes back it only blocks people who I’ve sent Bungie friend requests to on Xbox, people who I’m just regular Xbox friends with don’t have the block symbol.
Also if I scroll down to the Xbox account associated with someone who is blocked and click on it it makes it go away(but only if they’re offline)
Also when I look at who is blocked in the tower it isn’t always everyone, just people on other platforms.
Keep in mind I’ve made sure my settings are correct so this shouldn’t be happening.
I think the problem may be how Bungie Accounts interact with Xbox Accounts in some way
Hope this info can be helpful