Laptop Nvidia Optimus not switching automatically.
Configuration Info (Laptop)
GPU Driver Version: 388.31 (with DDU Clean Install)
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
*I also have a desktop i play on and everything works fine there.
Destination/Activity: Running the game on Nvidia GFX
Description: Destiny 2 will not switch over to the NVIDA dedicated card no matter how many different options are tried. The card is a 2gb card but when running it only shows 64mb as available vram indicating that the cpu is processing the Graphics. The game is barely playable.
1. Clean installing all drivers, rolling back drivers, turning off drivers.
2. forcing the destiny.exe to use Nvidia Card in the nvidia control panel.
3. forcing physx to use the nvidia card.
4. Updating windows updates completely.
5. trying to play in all window types (borderless, fullscreen, windowed .etc)
6. closing any overclocking or background apps while playing.
it's possible there's an issue i haven't seen or have skipped over but i believe this is a problem that should be looked into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
For anyone wondering i thought i'd update the thread asi found a solution. I had to go to the .exe for the launcher and for destiny 2 and set both compatible for windows 7 and runasadmin.This fixed my issue!
Did you already try everything here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-force-your-laptop-to-Run-with-Graphics-Processor-vs-the-default-Integrated-Graphics-for-InfraWorks.html ?
Note (from the above article):
[quote]Some laptops have a BIOS switch, some do not. For more information about disabling this option in the BIOS, follow this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/Disabling-nVidia-Optimus-amp-Perform-Clean-Install/td-p/4363279[/quote]