JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foren

ursprünglich gepostet in: Banned for being a programmer
11/7/2017 9:09:43 PM
Just curious why you wouldn't have separate machines for work and personal use.
English

Sprache des Beitrags:

Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst.

• Bearbeitet von Iritus: 11/9/2017 11:10:37 PM
    For the same reasons I don't have a weekend car or a summer house. Edit: For clarification, I have a PC at work (owned by work) and a PC at home (owned by me). I do work from both machines and play games on both machines, being a game dev means there's a lot of overlap between personal and business interests. I don't know which machine got my account banned, I played from both.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Abbrechen Bearbeiten Einsatztrupp erstellen Posten Benimm dich. Nimm dir eine Minute, um dir unsere Verhaltensregeln durchzulesen, bevor du den Beitrag abschickst.

• Those really aren't good examples as people do have work and personal vehicles if it's an important part of their job (my dad had a farm truck and family cars). In your case a PC is an important part of your job, so not unreasonable. I'm a dev myself and I don't do work on my personal machine.

Sprache des Beitrags:

• I think my examples are fine, as both are examples of a luxury some (but not everyone) can afford. In your example, the work vehicle is typically provided by the company, which is why I clarified that I do have a "work" and a "personal" computer. However, I also sometimes work from home, which means doing work on my "personal" computer. I would need a second home computer in order to have one machine completely absent of development software. I maintain that I never used any "cheat tools" while playing D2, but I acknowledge that I use software that could be suspect when viewed out of context. Usually I do work from my home computer over remote desktop using a VPN connection, which is quite possibly the software that resulted in a ban, as it's a somewhat similar setup to illicit pay-to-play game "rental" sites. I still do not know what software I ran that Bungie considered ban-worthy, so I have to consider all possible reasons as equally viable. Had I known in advance Bungie's ban policy would be so opaque and so aggressive, I probably would have taken extra precautions, but it's a little hard to swallow that it would be so necessary. There is a default presumption of "bad faith" on the part of the player in these cases, which is just such a bitter pill to swallow when you're on the receiving end.

Sprache des Beitrags:

• Sometimes developing on a computer you actually manage yourself feels better.

Sprache des Beitrags:

Es ist dir nicht gestattet, diesen Inhalt zu sehen.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon