JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by JaysDeadly: 1/23/2020 6:31:08 PM

The truth about Spare Rations + Mindbenders (pvp)

First of all I do not know why people this this combo is overpowered or even something to complain about. Spare rations is just a normal hand cannon and mindbenders is just a normal shotgun... I’ll break it down further. Spare Rations Console - sure the hand cannon has a lot of aim assist but what doesn’t? To be more precise the spare rations has 92 aim assist vs not forgotten (a broken weapon in its time) has 80... that’s literally just 10 more aim assist lol a mod can shorten the gap easily. Going back to not forgotten this gun [b]was[/b] broken in the past and no one could argue. The gun had insane range, was a 180 so it broke the rules of ttk for that archetype, it had insane stability for what it was and could even 2 tap as a 180. NOW THATS A BROKEN GUN. The spare rations has none of that. It’s literally just a normal 150 hand cannon.. it has even succumb to the hand cannon range nerfs so it doesn’t even have good range. It’s recoil pattern is difficult to master and it just is a normal hand cannon. You can easily counter it with a pulse rifle or any gun archetype really it’s just a normal hand cannon. Spare Rations PC - again as I noted in my console rant the gun is just a normal hand cannon. It has no defining feature in pc since aim assist does not apply to mouse and keyboard. Sure it may have 13 bullets but it is a 150 after all. I feel it would be less of a problem if more 150 were there to compare it to or if the rose could roll with random perks. Overall this gun is easily countered it’s range is shit and can easily get gunned by pulses, autos and the last word. Especially the last word... Mindbenders Both - this is legit a normal 55 rpm shotgun. It is the same as any 55 rpm shotgun in the game. The only problem is it’s the only one with random rolls that exist in the second slot. That is all I have to say. If you wanna cry about shotguns because you can’t maintain a decent range then that’s on you. This gun is just a normal shotgun and I’ll say it over and over because that’s all it is. It just looks cool I guess. It’s definitely not a lord or wolves for my pc people or an Erentil with back up plan for my console people. I’m sure I don’t need to explain why those guns outshine every gun in their archetypes. Mindbenders doesn’t outshine any 55 rpm shotgun it’s all the same thing.. In conclusion there is nothing special or broken about these guns so stop complaining about getting killed by normal guns and practice [b]EDIT[/b] A lot of you are confused about range and quickdraw. I'll explain things to you guys here instead of individually Range matters to an extent. Bungie has a range cap for both hand cannons and shotguns. Meaning it doesn't matter how many range perks your gun has it will not shoot farther than its cap. For mindbenders it doesnt matter if you have a God roll with range master work rifled barrel and accurized rounds. It will shoot from the same range as a mindbenders with for example barrel shroud, accurised and a stability masterwork. Once you hit the range cap all that extra range is useless and an illusion. It only looks good on paper Same with spare rations it doesnt matter if all your perks are dedicated to range. There will be a point where some of those range perks will not be doing anything at all. Once you hit the range cap for 150 rpm archetypes you're done. There are YouTube videos available to prove this, as well as reddit post. Knock yourselfs out and dont delete a gun just cause you didn't get range master work. Chances are it's a wasted masterwork anyways. As for quickdraw. There is a bug currently (has been since the start of d2) that gives all your guns QD. It's fairly easy to do you just tap sprint before you switch guns and boom automatically all your guns have QD. Here is a link. https://youtu.be/NfMST8FSZKs So saying mindbenders is op cause you can roll quickdraw is irrelevant. You can have quickdraw on any and all guns.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The fact spare rationsis THE best handcannon (right now) and mindbenders is THE best shotgun (right now) kinda disproves what you are saying them being "normal". If they where normal they wouldn't have such a use and kill rate now would they.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Not forgotten and Spare Rations (with rapid hit) are the 2 best hand cannons in the game. That's not really a discussion, that's a fact.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Edited by Erijian: 1/24/2020 3:03:41 AM
        Literally defending crutch weapons yikes. There's a reason those weapons are primarily what you see in tournies, and it's definitely not because they're "normal".

Posting in language:

C0BALT237
        C0BALT237

O Annoyer Mine - old

Honestly ever shotgun should get a nerf to range. Have you actually [i]tried[/i] mindbenders? If some hunter is at 25 hp I can finish him from 50 meters away

Posting in language:

8 Replies
        • Spare rations has the most aim assist of all hand cannons(92%)=Overpowered.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • TLDR: In conclusion - Don’t Nerf my clutch guns or my clutch hunter. Thanks

Posting in language:

11 Replies
            • This is a joke right? Spare rations is literally the easiest weapon to use in the game, a you-can’t-get-a-bad-roll perk pool with all the best perks in the right slots. Pretty much Anything above the waist registers as a headshot, just a huge hit box thanks to broken levels of aim assist. Perfect recoil, great stability, good range right out of the box.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • 2 of the best and easiest guns in the game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • I do kind of agree with a lot of your statements but some do miss the mark, particularly when you say they are just ‘normal’ hand cannons and shotguns. They are generally either great stats or unique perks for their archetypes and although the QuickDraw glitch does work, it’s not guaranteed are easily consistent, hence why top players go for the QuickDraw mindbenders. I think these weapons have now become meta and so they will perpetually have people talk about, use them and in turn complain about them. At this point, until similar weapons are released to compete and add variety, this cycle will continue. I’m not sure if nerfs are needed but I think special weapons are getting out of hand again and this is what needs addressing in some way.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • The problem comes from the spare. It has a lot of aim assist and a generous hitbox

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Truth is, theyre easy as shit to use, and thats why its become the go to loadout.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • Don't do drugs, drugs are bad.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          Only nerf I even consider remotely warranted is quickdraw. If a shotgun is gonna have max OHK potential, it needs a downside. Handling fits that bill. As for any others, no. We'd see more variety in HCs if there were a difference to them, but there isn't. 140s and 110s are useless. 140s have no purpose when compared to 150s and 110s were neutered. We're seeing Spare Rations and NF simply because they're the best HC archetypes and can pair with the best shotguns in the game, a QD Mindbender's or DRB, or the most common snipers, Revoker and Beloved. That's it. The "best in slot" weapons don't have any other competition across their type. It's not like pulses where you have Horror's Least and Outlast in the same slot. Both are farmable, effective, consistent, and leave the kinetic slot open. Then there's also Claws of the Wolf in the slot. Then for kinetic, while not a rapid fire frame, you have Blast Furnance, Sacred Provenance, and Bygones, all of which do the job of a pulse rifle consistently and have a fair amount of lethality while [i]maintaining their identity as a separate pulse rifle archetype.[/i] And Blast Furnace and Bygones are both incredibly farmable right now. That's the key. 140 HCs have no purpose. 110s are bad. Bungie blurred all the HC archetypes into one, which honestly sucks. That leaves 180s, with the slowest but most forgiving TTK, or 150s. And within the 150 slot, you only have 1 or two options, NF or Spare Rations. Other 150s aren't [i]bad[/i], but they aren't farmable at all.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                          • Mindbenders is op because you can roll it with quickdraw and snapshot sights. Rations is op because of the ridiculous aim assist and possile rolls. The two combined are the absolute sweat meta loadout for a reason. Thats why you see them so much. I assume you also main hunter but claim its actually the most underpowered class ? Ammirite?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • The “optimal” range for MB is around the “combat” range one would use an SG. This is the same for most aggressive frame SGs too. For SR, the recoils pattern is predictable, can get good range, snappy, and has high aim assist. [spoiler]I only have SR so don’t @me on MB[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Not Forgotten was busted because of Magnificent Howl. Without it, the gun was just a solid weapon that could be outgunned if you could aim straight.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Dang it’s stupid to see you getting downvoted for this

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • Edited by GrizzlyFinn: 1/24/2020 7:59:36 AM
                                  You're correct on almost everything. Mindbender's is a normal aggressive frame. All non-slug shotguns are hard capped to 9-meters with their OHK range and you can produce quickdraw's effect with other tools in game so mindbender has nothing truly unique about it. Spare rations however, at least on PC has practically no recoil at all. It's a laser gun that practically doesn't need recoil compensation. Not saying other hand cannons have a lot of recoil. Least on PC / MnKB recoil is low across the board in this entire game. But big reason why Spare is so popular is because it's one of the easiest HCs to land shots with. Aim assist also applies on MnKB, it increases hitbox sizes here like it does on controllers too. Crosshair stickyness part of AA is singular to controllers. But you're right with the part that there are other HCs with high AA as well. Non-existent recoil complimented with the high AA are the primary reasons why spare is popular. It's also a kinetic 150 HC that can roll with rangefinder, which pushes the 3-tap range slightly beyond the normal HC hard-cap. Though we're talking about around 29-30 meters 3-tap without rangefinder, around 31 meter 3-tap with it. It's really a marginal difference.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • This post is very misinformed. Aim assist matters on PC because of bullet magnetism. You have to stop moving to use the quickdraw glitch so equating it to normal quickdraw isn't possible. The reason that these two weapons are the meta is because they're best in class, and they also outshine most other things. This wouldnt be an issue if bungie didnt add perks and stats to weapons that clearly break the archetype. (I.e quickdraw on aggressive frame shotguns, and high aim assist, perfect recoil, and good range on the fastest killing handcannon archetype) It's not the players fault for abusing this, it's the developers fault for allowing these things to exist

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                    • I genuinely laughed when you said you have to master the recoil. As for shotguns they’re alright. Outplayed easy.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                      • Well, the sandbox is stale beyond belief and players are married to the meta. That's one of the biggest reasons PvP in Destiny 2 is a joke. Too many players are married to the meta and addicted to crutching out on easy-mode loadouts.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                        • Lmfao. You are delusional. Spare rations has fantastic stats. It is a no-skill gun. Almost impossible to miss with, has rapid hit, and has insane range. Mindbenders has quickdraw, which allows the handling to just be better overall, as well as being able to draw it quicker in midair, which you cannot do with the sprint-quickdraw bug.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                                          • Your comments are above and beyond Vanilla; so why argue for Vanilla? Are you related to the owners? Better to push for them to sell to the likes of Google, where we could get greater weapon differential spreads, and avoid greed-driven Vanilla/FOMO models.

Posting in language:

• It’s not OP at all it’s just what the streamers use so everyone uses it. Most people I see using mind benders aren’t pushing its damage/range potential they’re invisible hunters hitting you with it point blank and for that it’s probably not a great choice because it is so slow unless you’ve got quick draw. Personally I like being a Sun Shot/Stardust player. Great combo. Rations a great HC though. Something about it puts it right up there vying for the best 150. Thorn is awesome no doubt and Rose is fun sometimes and TLW is a bit cheesy in mid range but something about Spare just hits it right on the money. It’s not OP though. Would be a shame for people to get that nerfed.

Posting in language:

• The combo is not overpowered at all. But that does not mean that it's not problematic. Given that there's probably 7 of them in every 3v3 match, it's -blam!-ing annoying. I want to see different guns, different playstyles, different loadouts, but what do I get? Spare Rations Mindbenders. And you suggested to use TLW, but TLW is actually broken.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                            • You are absolutely right. Also, there is no such thing as god roll. But there are good guns, mediocre guns, shitty guns. And then there is Erentil.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                            ;
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon