JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
1/23/2020 12:19:23 AM

Will D3 have dedicated servers?

I hope D3 will have dedicated Servers cause the lagging in P2P is a big Problem.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Nope, not many players either the way things are headed

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Too busy making Asian MMOs

Posting in language:

• Sorry, everyone, but... why do we want a Destiny 3?. To repeat again and again the same situations/frustrations created by Bungie's errors for more years?. No, thank you, we don't need that. Anyone buying a possible D3 is a masochist now that has been launched in almost every platform and the whole gaming world has seen how things went for 3 more years. More masochist than those who bought D2 at launch after all that happened in D1 and the horrible gameplay changes Bungie did for the sequel. Even I am a masochist despite buying it at New Light when I thought most of that D2 launch mess has been "fixed" already. I'm partially regreting paying for the expansions and the pass if it were not for the lore and living/playing the story parts. So, why would we need a Destiny 3?. If it's for the lore then they should write books, but not cooking ones. I wish Bungie could make the game properly so we can really say: "I love Destiny 3", but we know that's a delusion.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • D3?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Yea right....

Posting in language:

• Edited by Systamatik: 1/24/2020 4:15:28 PM
      No, that requires effort and doesn’t matter anymore.

Posting in language:

• You and I both know that it won't.

Posting in language:

• Who knows?? But I doubt it.

Posting in language:

• With the way things are going the more accurate question is whether D3 will have a launch at all I personally can’t see it happening or at the very least if it does happen it won’t be very successful as long bungie have the management that is there currently

Posting in language:

• More pertinent is will d3 have a more dedicated game director. You're asking the wrong question

Posting in language:

• There won’t be a destiny 3 !

Posting in language:

• I'll do you one better... will there be a Destiny 3?

Posting in language:

• D3? lolololololololol

Posting in language:

• D3 will get shelved and Bungie will be absorbed by another company, the work model is not sustainable.

Posting in language:

• D3?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!

Posting in language:

• No.

Posting in language:

• Why? This was asked prior to destiny 2 releasing and Bungie assured us that their hybrid p2p system was the best choice here and quite frankly it is... If you like to have blink in every class that is 😂

Posting in language:

• Edited by Krantzstone: 1/23/2020 2:55:23 PM
      https://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft-offers-free-dedicated-servers-all-xbox-one-titles/ Let's see how many rules of good netcode that Bungie have broken in the Destiny franchise: [quote]"Ingredients for good netcode Using the best network models: Peer-to-peer is the best network model for 1v1 fighting or sports games, while for any other fast-paced online game with 2+ players, the dedicated server model provides the best possible online experience—though it is expensive. The game must feel responsive: High tick and update rates keep the additional delay low and prevent "super bullets" (bundling of damage). Security: The design must be secure (never trust the client), which will make it harder to create cheats and hacks. Also, players don’t want the game to reveal their IP address to everyone else (don’t use peer-to-peer for VOIP in a game that otherwise uses dedicated game servers). Low latency is key Matchmaking must try to avoid mixing players with widely different pings. When the dedicated server network model is used, developers must ensure that all players have access to low latency servers. If they can't, a global launch will cause serious problems, as players will not like playing at 150ms or higher ping, and players with 20ms ping won't enjoy receiving shots from high ping players far behind cover. Limit lag compensation: Even if matchmaking ensures that all players have a similar ping at the start of a round, a player's latency can still increase as the match progresses. There has to be a reasonable limit in place for how much lag the game compensates for in order to avoid all players suffering as a result of a single player's connection issues. Don’t overtax residential internet connections: Packets per second (pps) can become a limiting factor long before bandwidth. When a game ties the client's send rate to the frame rate, then this can lead to send rates of 200Hz or more. In Quake Champions players have suffered from rubber banding because of that design, and the only workaround for them was to cap their frame rate at a value that their internet connection could sustain. Tell the player when something is wrong Players get upset when they have a bad online experience, and they will always blame the game first. Online game makers must tell players when there is something wrong with their connection, so that they can understand why they had a terrible experience. Also, when the game server is experiencing issues the player must be made aware of it, so that they can move to a different server."[/quote] https://www.pcgamer.com/netcode-explained/2/ Note: Ubisoft's For Honor and The Division 2 also broke these rules, but they fixed them... eventually. https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-319976/for-honor-now-on-dedicated-servers-on-all-platforms https://www.shacknews.com/article/109813/the-division-2-shows-your-public-ip-to-others-by-default

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • I just want the loading times gone

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • no

Posting in language:

• Not until someone actually sues them for facilitating attacks on players and publicly showing our network addresses. Before some Fanboy lawyer comes in and says "You accepted the eula", Eulas are null and void in my state and aren't formidable defenses.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
          • Yes

Posting in language:

• What the cost difference for them to have dedicated servers? You will find your answer there. I have spent $90 on eververse silver in 2 months 😱 So they should be able to buy one now as I’m sure I’m not the only one who has done this-sad but true

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Lol... i just spit out my coffee. Dedicated servers cost bungie money. Its hard enough for them to count the money let alone spend it on the game. Besides, dedicated servers would solve many problems, but than people wont be able to complain they would have done better in crucible if they had better connections

Posting in language:

• Who says there will be a d3?

Posting in language:

• [b]WHY START NOW?[/b] 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Posting in language:

• Yah. Unless D3 (if there is one) has Dedicated Host Servers, I'm done.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
            ;
            preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon