JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
1/22/2020 12:58:28 PM

pinnicle dupes are getting so bad

pinnacle drops can be difficult enough to earn (solo) without ending up with the same item at the same power level over and over, this reset (warlock) (dungeon) received chest at 966, (nightmare hunt) received chest 966 (iron banner) 3 kinetic weapons 966, im at a point were i dont want to bother any more if i cant progress gear wise in 4+ weeks then what's the point,and its not just warlock my titan just drops dupes last iron banner dropped 3 chest at same light,looking like game over for me lol

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Tbh Pinnacle drops don’t REALLY matter, Your high enough level to do all the current content anyway and it only saves you like an hour in the next season. It’s not that easy to even get them as a solo player either, easiest is from the Dungeon and Iron Banner

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I love this game, but don't care to bungie our comments, i just complete my iron banner bounties and they give me the f"#/*ing same kind of pinnacle weapon (Energy) at the same level that i have, it's sucks. I'm tinking to play other game. #Feedbackd2

Posting in language:

• I’m afraid even the biggest defenders of this game have brought this up but bungie have never acknowledged it’s an issue.

Posting in language:

• No one bothers because next season caps are moved to 970 for standard drops. You are literally wasting your time getting pinnacle drops.

Posting in language:

• Why are people so concerned with pinnacle drops? LL barely matters. If you’re 960 you’re good to go and that easy.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
    • I hear ya bruh. Two weeks my Warlock main has only needed a helmet. RNG... three consecutive bond pinnacle drops. Ya hate to see it. lol

Posting in language:

• Just did my iron banner bounties earlier, [b][i]3 of the 4 bounties gave me energy weapons[/i][/b]

Posting in language:

• I don’t even grind the pinnacles anymore. I get that they want to throw in some form of challenge but it’s not worth it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • 3 of my IB on one character was energy weapon when i turned them in back to back. seriously...how.

Posting in language:

• I have done 6 pinnacle things this week and have received 5 power weapons and an armor piece that was at the same level i had equipped... I think ive finally reached my limit on how many times i can bang my head against a wall.

Posting in language:

• NF 5 weeks running legs

Posting in language:

• I don't think the problem is necessarily with getting duplicates, but rather the current Pinnacle sources in the game are heavily weighted towards weapons. What I would like to see moving forward is a more balanced set of rewards. For example, most raids I do gets me 3-4 weapon drops with maybe getting a single armor piece. There are no heavy weapon drops from the raid and can only drop from 2 weekly sources. I think part of what is frustrating to some players is the expectation that hitting the Pinnacle Cap should be achievable for "solo" players, which is not the case in the slightest. If you aren't completing raids (the definition of a pinnacle activity), I do not think you should be able to hit the Pinnacle cap, or at least it should be very difficult to do so. The Hard Cap is meant to be the "max" level for players to achieve in a season with the Pinnacle Cap being an additional way to feel progression by completing endgame activities. Non-raiders or solo players can also feel similar progression by leveling up their Season Pass. With all of that said, I am in favor of some mechanism to prevent long instances of duplicate drops. For example, maybe something like if you get a duplicate drop, make the next drop guaranteed to be in a different slot, or if you get 4 weapon/armor drops in a row, make the next drop be the other category. I don't want anything drastic to make it easy to get to the Pinnacle Cap, but something to help smooth out really bad RNG would be nice.

Posting in language:

• Just wait until next season where this season's pinnacle cap will be the base cap, ect.

Posting in language:

• Fortunately, there's no benefit in doing them. So that saves you time and effort.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • What's the point of grinding if they give you everything in one sitting? ;)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Have to agree OP. Did the 4 pinnacles in IB on my Tit. 3 energy weapons!!!!

Posting in language:

• [quote]pinnacle drops can be difficult enough to earn (solo) without ending up with the same item at the same power level over and over, this reset (warlock) (dungeon) received chest at 966, (nightmare hunt) received chest 966 (iron banner) 3 kinetic weapons 966, im at a point were i dont want to bother any more if i cant progress gear wise in 4+ weeks then what's the point,and its not just warlock my titan just drops dupes last iron banner dropped 3 chest at same light,looking like game over for me lol[/quote] I can understand you point of view. RNG could be a real pain. Last season, for the first time since D1 I couldn’t reach the maximum power level before the new season. With any character, cause of bad rng and the fact that pinnacle drops were just +1 at the beginning of the season. I’m a solo player and don’t raid (needs too much time that I’ve not) But this season..wel, I’ve been lucky: now my 3 characters are 970. I’ve reached my end game . To reduce the pain of RNG I managed to play only pinnacle activities (ordeal, poh, nightmares hunts and iron banner. Sundial heroic) with 3 characters on rotation swapping weapons between to rise the power level. This season i mainly used my titan, doing the IB quest for dropping armor pinnacle from IB bounties, while using hunter and warlock in IB just for having weapons (not doing the quest). Poh pinnacle armor 100% drop helped for a guaranteed useful drop. When sundial heroic dropped, then I could easily have a specific 100% guaranteed weapon drop of choice. 3 a week. And when you reach like 968 power (without artifact) you could reach the maximum power level for the 3 weapons types with just 3 sundial runs with 3 different characters. To implement the power level I’ve used the season pass armor pieces you get along levelling, as they match your LL. So if I’ve a warlock bond 2 levels behind..I could choose the seasonal rewarded bond to upgrade my level without even be bothered by RNG. Pick and infuse. And for those about “LL doesn’t mean anything”...yes, it matters: in iron banner (making bounties easier), in the ordeals nightfall even in nightmares hunts . And to start the new season already chasing ONLY pinnacle rewards, completely ignoring OLD unuseful and chore activities to level up. It brings quality time investment in the game reducing your time to play for useful activities ONLY. wasting little time. It takes like a month to level up (without raid) but it pays off

Posting in language:

• I know what you mean, i did all 4 iron banner bounties this week for pinnacle rewards and got 2 energy weapons and 2 class items, it makes me so mad

Posting in language:

• Edited by NVMYGT: 1/23/2020 2:20:54 PM
            I got a 970 Toil and Trouble 2 weeks in a row from master 980 ordeal with 100k + score. I think I'm cursed. 11 out of 15 encounter chests from GoS have been energy weapons

Posting in language:

• I really don't understand people their obsession with power level in this game, just seems people torture themselves for more "power" Power mostly works as delaying acces to content, and it gives a tiny tiny advantage if your 1-50 power levels higher 0.2% per level, yet people are spending 50+/- hours to get 10 more levels.

Posting in language:

• This past two weeks has been so annoying with duplicates I’ve stopped going for them

Posting in language:

• I'm sitting at 969 because I can't get a pinnacle chest piece to drop. It's been a month now. I'm not exaggerating, four solid weeks. It makes you hate the game and the people responsible for the pinnacle nonsense.

Posting in language:

• Bungie think that getting the items you need doesn’t feel meaningful until you’ve had nothing but dupes for weeks.

Posting in language:

• Edited by LikwiD_SmOkE22: 1/23/2020 11:46:58 AM
            They need to implement some kind of smart drop or dupe protection .. Especially with how they changed the leveling system in shadowkeep Prior to shadowkeep the people who knew how to level properly would have at least one maxed within the first week and all 3 at the end of 2

Posting in language:

• Edited by Demon Sicario: 1/23/2020 6:29:51 AM
            Iron Banner needs 8 (+4 Power) Pinnacle Bounties ... 1 for each Armour Slot (5 Bounties) & 1 for each Weapon Slot (3 Bounties) Completing ALL 8 IB pinnacle bounties will enable the player to buy another Pinnacle Bounty (Choice of Random Weapon/Armour) for 250 tokens & a Curated Weapon Bounty (300) Then the 980 Hunt/NF/Pit/Sundial Legend should reward a specific item each week (in rotation ....so it’s a 65+ Helm for the Hunt, 65+ Legs for NF etc) ....all +4 rewards There should also be a +4 Pinnacle Reward (Choice of Armour or Weapon) for hitting Valor/Glory Reset

Posting in language:

• Edited by ParrotTom: 1/23/2020 6:38:44 AM
            I know your pain, 969 light. I only play with others if I'm in crucible with friends or if I'm in an LFG raid. That of course means my only means of leveling up are 4 IB bounties that didn't help enough to make IB more bearable (only got improvements on energy and heavy). No dungeon. No GoS (still offers pinnacle rewards right?). No master nightmare hunts. No Ordeal, likely not getting it because of the # of enemies in the strike. This game is anything but solo friendly. I understand it's a co-op game, but it would be a lot better if bungie didn't play favorites with people who are always in groups and holding people back from progression because they don't want to or can't play with others for whatever reason. As for the rewards themselves, they're **** anyway. +2 per item, and you need 3 or 4 separate pieces to go up 1 level. Have fun spending weeks trying to level up if you don't have time to play more than one character. Limited activities, **** RNG, and locked behind co-op with no MM.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon