JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by xISWx Kodo: 10/30/2017 12:23:22 PM
Experiencing the same problem. When trying to complete Oh Captain! in Nessus while following the Harpy, my PC completely black screens and shuts down. I have to power cycle the PSU in order for it to turn back on. This is a fairly new rig, however I dumped over 40 hours into Shadow of War and god knows how many hours into Destiny before this occurred. There is no way this was my computer overheating. Nothing is over clocked and it has never shut down like this. I attempted to redo the quest 2 more times and it power cycled my PC both times at the exact same spot. So I decided to try another quest and had no problem. I get no error message. Just a critical 41 of unexpected shut down so there's no way to diagnose this issue. Current set up is: - AMD RYZEN 5 1600X 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor -GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card - MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AM4 AMD X370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - 750w PSU - 150gb SSD - 2TB HDD - Windows 10 Edit: I would also like to note that after the first crash I did a GFX update to ensure nothing was out of date. Hoped it would solve it since I knew I had an update that I had procrastinated. Still crashed after the update.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I am experiencing the same issue. Running the Oh Captain mission and when I try to follow the harpy, my pc restarts.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Exactly the same for me too, same mission also

Posting in language:

• Just wanted to add that i also experience this exact issue. Nothing in my event viewer is giving me anything to work with. My complete system shut down happens around the time a minotaur spawns just after the first jumping puzzle. I also have to performe a complete power cycle to be able to boot it up again. It's only Destiny that this happens to. My temps are 41°C CPU and 64°C GPU. My MB temps are all pretty cool too. It's the strangest thing, and i'm really struggling to find a fix :/. All my drivers, windows updates and BIOS are all upto date too. Rig Details are as follows AMD Ryzen 1700 @3.2ghz Nvidia 1080ti 32gb Kingston Fury @2400mhz 2x 250gb SSD 2x 1TB HDD Corsair HX1000i PSU OS: Windows 10 x64 All of these items are between 1 month to 4 months old as it's a completely new build. System info here: https://imgur.com/a/a5bPv

Posting in language:

• Kodo, this issue is identical to one I just reported, so you're not alone. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/237140332 It's interesting that we seem to have no similarities in hardware, yet the same issue is occurring at the same point in the quest for both of us but isn't otherwise widely reported.

Posting in language:

• I couldn't find anyone else experiencing the same issue I was but after reading your post I was crashing in the same spot. Right as the vex would spawn next to that doorway I'd manage to kill of the orange named Minotaur and then boom complete failure. I managed to complete the quest yesterday. When I got home from work I checked for windows updates just in case (since other were reporting issues with out of date windows 10, even though I just put this rig together a month ago). Installed those and re attempted and still crashed at the same part. Upon turning my PC back on again there was another Nvidia driver that went out yesterday. After installing that update I tried one more time and managed to complete the quest. So I'm now completely sure it was some kind of graphic failure on destiny 2 causing the hard crash. Hopefully you have a nvidia card as well and are able to get yesterdays update. Wishing you luck on getting Strum!

Posting in language:

• Edited by RaChaarg: 11/2/2017 10:55:38 AM
    I had this error too. I believe the problem causes one of the Vex enemies. I know it sounds ridiculous, but after 2nd crash I noticed that I shot at the same vex before 1st crash and 2nd crash. I checked it 3rd time and I'm almost sure that this is it. The solution was stop shooting anything after completing first connection link (out of 4 as I remember) and go straight on the opposite side of the pratform, wait for Harpy to start 2nd connection link, then kill everything that moves and do this with all 4 links. If you have this issue, I think it's worth to give my way a shot :)

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon