This week at Bungie, we prepare for Calus’s new challenge.
If you’re reading this at the moment of publication, we’re currently live on the GuardianCon Charity Marathon Stream hosting a Bungie Bounty. We’re being hunted on all three platforms while a menagerie of hosts reads off donations to support a great cause! We have a list of incentives, ranging from releasing the TWAB early to showing off a few Legendary weapon concepts from our upcoming Destiny 2: Shadowkeep release. For more information about the GuardianCon charity stream, make sure to check their website. If you’d like to join the fun on stream, we’ll be live from 1–5 PM PDT (4–8 PM EDT).
Now, let’s get down to business on your weekly roundup of Destiny- and Bungie-related news.
Challenge Fit for a Guardian
Season of Opulence is full steam ahead. You’ve scoured the depths of the Menagerie, begun your quest for Truth, and taken the Crown of Sorrow. Our next stop on the roadmap begins June 25 with Menagerie Heroic mode.
So, let’s dig in. What does Calus have lined up for our most powerful Guardians?
- Increased Power Difficulty: Starts at 750, increases to 770
- Matchmaking is disabled; you must form a fireteam to enter
- Weekly curated gameplay modifiers, rotating per boss
- Unlike normal mode, Guardians can hit a failure state
- Extinguish is active; if your team wipes, Calus will send you to orbit
- Encounters never repeat; if you fail to reach 100% progress toward the boss after completing each encounter once, you will be returned to orbit
- Heroic-mode-specific Triumphs, rewards, and challenges await you
Though we’ll be watching, this won’t be a race. We’re excited to see how players customize their experience with various challenges to show off their skill. Can you defeat Heroic mode with fewer than six players? Maybe with specific loadouts? Only time will tell.
June isn’t the only time when we live our values as a company, but it’s a great opportunity to celebrate them. Here is an important message from the Bungie Diversity Committee on how you can join us in expressing your pride, along with the people who make the games you play.
Pride Month is an exciting time of year, when we can all unite under a rainbow flag and celebrate our LGBTQIA+ family. Bungie has come together this month to do more than we've been able to accomplish before.We have a Pride pin for sale on our Bungie Store, with all proceeds going directly to the It Gets Better Project (a nonprofit organization with a mission to uplift, empower, and connect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth around the globe). This year, not only will Bungie continue its tradition of marching in the Seattle Pride Parade as an official sponsor, but we have also teamed up with other nearby dev studios to create a more united game industry alliance. While we celebrate this month, it’s vital that we stay centered on what Pride is truly about; the equal rights and representation of the LGBTQIA+ community, People who deserve to be celebrated and recognized for their role in making our community as amazing as it is.“For me, Pride means being able to be visible to someone who needs representation (even when they may not realize it), as opposed to how it used to be where visibility only meant being a target.” —Jayce D., DesignerWe on the Bungie Diversity Committee are committed to improving Bungie’s work culture, practices, and policies in order to make this community a more welcoming and inclusive space for our LGBTQIA+ employees and fans around the world. This work does not start and end in June; rather, it’s a series of challenges that we work on every day, month after month. Here at Bungie, we know there are still a lot of ways we could be doing better. We also know that our industry sometimes drags its heels when it comes to necessary change. However, we must keep moving forward for the sake of our own teams, coworkers, families, and players who need to know that they are seen, accepted, welcomed, and loved for exactly who they are.“One of the most empowering things I’ve experienced is the acknowledgement that I exist in a world that generally pretends otherwise. This was the greatest gift games have ever given me, and one of the most important things I want to do as a developer is give that gift to players.” —David S., EngineerWe look forward to celebrating Pride Month with all of you. Let’s keep our eyes up, and do our part to forge a brighter future.—Bungie Diversity Committee
Please note: If the Pride Collectible Pin shows “Currently Unavailable” on the Bungie Store, this indicates that the item is currently out of stock. We plan to have these available through Pride month, and beyond. If you’re interested in snagging one of these pins, but it’s not available, make sure to click the “Email when available” option on the portal to be notified the moment they’re back in stock!
Preserving the Truth
The members of Destiny Player Support navigate the help forum daily, spreading helpful tips on how to work around issues or collecting data on any newly surfaced problems within Destiny 2. This week, they have some super good advice on how to keep your Truth quest on the right track.
This is their report.
Fall 2019 FAQ UpdateThis week, we’re making some updates and revisions to our Fall 2019 FAQ. See below for this week’s additions:Q: What is included with Bungie Store purchases of physical editions of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep?A: Digital products delivered via email before September 17, 2019:
- Digital code for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition with Digital Deluxe Edition in-game bonuses
- Digital Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Original SoundtrackPlayers who selected and purchased the “No Game Code” option for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep will not receive any codes leading up to the September 17, 2019 release date.Collector’s Edition exclusive physical collectible bundle contents delivered on or before September 17, 2019:
- Collector’s Edition Exclusive In-Game Emblem Code: An exclusive in-game emblem code printed inside the physical collectible bundle.
- Hive Cryptoglyph Replica: Follow clues in the Collector’s Edition to unlock the Hive Cryptoglyph and its secret contents. Dimensions: 7.8”L.
- Metal Luna Mission Container: A metal Luna mission folio that holds esoteric relics and records. Dimensions: 8.6”L x 5.9”W.
- Luna Mission Handbook: Containing 40 pages of schematics and design documents.
- Luna Journal: A 160-page journal featuring additional story content that is bound with the mysterious charms and talismans of Eris Morn.
- Artifacts from the Golden Age.Q: When should players expect Destiny 2: Shadowkeep to ship from the Bungie Store?A: Physical editions of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep will ship to players on or before September 17, 2019. Included digital codes will be delivered by email to players on or before September 17, 2019. Players should be aware that Bungie Store codes included with Shadowkeep physical edition purchases will arrive only by email, and that no versions include any codes in the box.Players who selected and purchased the “No Game Code” option for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep will not receive any codes leading up to the September 17, 2019 release date.Q: Who should players contact with concerns regarding their Bungie Store physical edition purchase of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep?A: Customer service concerns related to physical editions ordered from BungieStore.com, to include the delivery of Bungie Store digital product codes, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Customer service concerns related to physical editions ordered from eu.BungieStore.com, to include the delivery of Bungie Store digital product codes, should be directed to email@example.com.Additionally, we’ve revised the following questions for clarity in response to player feedback:Q: Do players need to repurchase Destiny 2 on each cross-save platform separately?A: Destiny 2 will be accessible to players on all available platforms for free as Destiny 2: New Light. However, players will need to purchase Destiny 2 expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep) for each connected platform in order to access that expansion’s content. Cross save will preserve all gear, character, and items across all platforms regardless of expansion ownership.Q: Can players merge different characters, items, or Triumphs from different accounts?A: Cross Save does not feature any form of account, character, or progress merging. Selecting a set of characters for Cross Save does not delete or alter the data of any other character sets. Other character sets will be inaccessible for use as long as Cross Save is active.Q: Will Stadia feature cross-play with Steam or other platforms?A: Cross-play will not be available for any platform in 2019. We are investigating this feature for Destiny 2, but we have no official announcements to make at this time.Destiny 2 Season of Opulence Known IssuesListed below are the latest player-impacting issues discovered in Season of Opulence:
- Not Getting Truth from the Ascendant Chest: We’re investigating an issue where players may not receive Truth after they open the Ascendant Chest if they aren’t on the quest step “Candy from a Baby.” Players should ensure they are on the appropriate quest step before opening this chest.
- Refer-a-Friend Linking Issue: We’re investigating an issue where new players can’t accept links from veteran players.
- 690 Gear for Alternate Characters: We’re investigating an issue where players don’t receive 690 gear on all of their characters after completing “The Invitation” quest.
- Vestian Dynasty: We’re aware that Vestian Dynasty is dropping for players after Update 2.2.1.
- Rune Bonus II Not Refunding: We’re investigating an issue where players who have this node active in their Chalice of Opulence don’t always receive a rune back when opening the Menagerie chest.
- Double Rune Drops: We’re investigating an issue where players receive only one rune when two runes of the same type drop at the end of an activity.
- Infamy Points and Bounty Issues: We’re investigating an issue where Gambit Prime “Civic Duty” bounties are not counting toward player Infamy ranks.
- Crystals in Eater of Worlds and Crossroad Public Event: We’re investigating an issue where these crystals don’t transition correctly and it becomes difficult to shoot them.
- Raid Witches Vessel Swappers Not Spawning: We are investigating an issue where the swappers do not spawn during flawless runs of the Crown of Sorrow raid, resulting in players being unable to complete the flawless run.
- Static Shock Emote: We’re investigating an issue where players have a hard time interacting with this emote prompt.
- Sturm and Drang Audio: We are investigating an issue where Sturm plays the reload audio on every kill when paired with Drang or Drang (Baroque), even when Drang’s magazine is full.
Frame by Frame
The movies keep rolling in. With players finding new pinnacle and Menagerie weapons to add to their arsenal, we’re seeing some great plays in the wild. Not only that, but fireteams of three taking on the Crown of Sorrow raid.
Movie of the Week: Three-player Crown of Sorrow
Honorable Mention: You use your anger well, Guardian
This weekend, I’ll be on the hunt for some Iron Banner gear with enhanced perk rolls. This is your first chance for enhanced perks through the Crucible, so get to it! Lord Saladin is offering a new quest to unlock each piece, so make sure to complete the appropriate quest step for your desired armor piece before exchanging tokens for random rolls. If you’re a sniper, I highly recommend the enhanced Unflinching Sniper Aim perk for chest pieces.
We’ll see you next week for Menagerie Heroic mode. Prep your fireteam accordingly.