JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic
Deleted User

Deleted User

4/24/2007 12:08:22 AM
[url=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10596962]Chapter 2[/url] [b]This section contains two chapters simply for the sake of continuity.[/b] The building Halifax entered was small, hardly bigger than a shack. As Halifax looked at it, he wondered if it really was a shack. The inside was bare except for a table and several chairs. All of the seats were taken except for one and Halifax slowly sat down. No one spoke and everyone was looking at him. After a few seconds, Halifax said, "Well? Are we going to talk or just sit here?" Banshee Barron sat directly across from him, "Why are you here?" Halifax shrugged, "Because I don't like being attacked just for thinking differently...and I don't like it when my friends die." Banshee nodded, "I see. Are you against Achronos?" "I'm aganst whoever believes that destroying books and killing those who defy them is just." Banshee smiled, "Then you are against Achronos." He stood up and gestured to the others, "Meet the team. I believe you've already met Dragon Eyes." Halifax smiled when he saw her but she only glared at him. Halifax laughed and turned away to look at the others. Kritz sat quietly in the corner, his dark eyes watching the group with ferocious intensity. Banshee introduced Fastmatt who nodded nonchalantly while tossing his knife in the air. Caspian smiled and nodded when he was introduced, although Halifax caught a quick, furtive look as he turned away. To Halifax's surprise, the last person introduced was Pistol. "Him?" Halifax asked aloud. "What's wrong with me?" Pistol asked defensively. Halifax shook his head, "You don't really care about these Forums. All you're looking for is a fight." "You have a lot to learn about me Halifax." Pistol sneered. "We'll see." Halifax replied dryly. Banshee spoke up quickly to head off further debate, "I think it would be best if we didn't start out arguing." "Good," Halifax agreed, "Then how about a little explaining? What are the seven of us supposed to do?" Banshee smiled, "Rally the people and demoralize the Mods." Halifax shook his head before Banshee finished talking, "You can't. There's no way you can stir up a rebellion unless you are sure you have the majority of the people already backing you up. For all we know, everyone we talk to will turn us in as soon as we mention a rebellion!" Banshee nodded, "I know. That's why we let the Mods do the rallying for us." At Halifax's questioning glance he continued, "Achronos is trying to bring in his new order slowly so that no one really has any reason to be outraged until it's too late. All we have to do is scare the Mods into thinking that the only way they can catch us is if they crack down on all the Members. The stricter the Forums become, the more angry the members will get." He leaned in close, "We can never have another organized meeting like this. People will start to notice. None of us can be seen conversing together. The Mods will see any semblance of a group as a possible threat once we've made our first strike." "And what is our first strike." Banshee smiled along with the rest of the group. "Where's Anton's body?" ------------------------ Yoozel made his way up the steps to the "Welcome" thread in the Flood. It was less of a welcome and more of a warning to all newcomers that foolishness would not be tolerated. It was also a wonderful place for the Mods to meet since no members were allowed in the building. He stepped through the doors and was surprised to see all of the Mods standing by the door that led to the meeting hall. "What's wrong?" He asked. Pezza glanced at him and said quietly, "See for yourself." Yoozel stepped slowly through the door and looked around in confusion. It wasn't until he heard a faint drip that he realized what was above him. Yoozel gasped when he saw the grisly scene above him. Anton was hanging from the ceiling by wires, his arms and legs spread out and his face down. Yoozel could barely make out his features in the dim light, but he saw a long gash running from the man's ear to his chin and several more bloodstains all over his clothes. Yoozel looked away quickly and his eyes fixed on a piece of paper with red ink written all over it. When he came closer, he realized it wasn't ink, but Anton's blood with the words written, "We will not be silenced." "What are we going to do?" Pezza asked. Yoozel held the paper in his hand and then clenched it into a ball. "We are going to silence whoever did this. Starting with Halifax." ---------------- Halifax shook his head as he watched the others, gleefully congradulating each other on a job well done. Dragon and Kritz had left after the deed was done, but the rest were happily drinking a toast to a brighter future. Banshee appeared beside him and said quietly, "You don't approve of our methods." "I don't." Halifax agreed. Banshee sighed, "I'm sorry it has to be this way Halifax. I don't like it any more than you--" "But they do." Halifax said harshly. He turned to Banshee with an accusing glare, "Did you just go out and find the most bloodthirsty people you could?" "Well what would you have me do?" Banshee shouted. "Do you think the Mods would care if we just wrote them a nice note politely asking them to stop taking away our freedom of speech? No offense, but I don't think that would be very effective." "There are other ways." Halifax replied, his voice dropping. "Then tell me." Banshee pleaded. "If you have any better ideas, then speak up. I have gone past the point of worrying about whether or not I'm following morals, only about whether or not what I'm doing is right." "If you have no morals, you are no better than the Mods. That's the only thing separating us from them." Halifax came in close, speaking fervently, "If you sink to their level, then you can count me out." Banshee took a deep breath and then looked over at the group. They were all quiet, listening intently to the two argue. "He's right." Came a voice from behind. Both of them turned to see Dragon standing there with Kritz at her side. "We can't let our thirst for revenge turn to a thirst for blood." "But we have to fight the Mods somehow!" Fastmatt retorted. "This was the best way to get their attention." "We have their attenion, and we will fight. But Halifax is right, the members will never respect us if they see us committing worse atrocities than the Mods have ever committed." Halifax gave Dragon a grateful smile and Kritz sneered at them both before turning away. "You're right." Banshee conceded. "We need to change our tactics." He turned to Halifax, "I'm sorry I yelled at you." Halifax smiled, "Don't worry. I'm over it. And now I need to go to bed." Banshee nodded and waved Halifax off. When Halifax was gone, Banshee turned to Dragon and said quietly, "Follow him. Make sure he's loyal." Dragon nodded and snuck away, following after Halifax. ---------------------------------- Halifax walked home slowly, breathing in the fresh air and then letting out a long sigh. He heard the whip of a cloak and turned quickly. Nothing was there. Halifax knew better than to relax though. He'd seen enough of these new Forums to know that you could never let your guard down. The attack came suddenly, just as he turned back around. A hand wrapped around his mouth and a knife slashed in toward his throat. Halifax got his hand up in time to stop the knife but a then the attacker's foot slammed into the back of his knee, dropping him to the ground. Halifax suddenly opened his mouth and bit down hard on the attacker's hand. The man let out a howl and let go. The instant he was free, Halifax rolled forward and turned to face his attacker. The first thing he saw was a knife flying toward him. He jumped out of the way but yelled in pain as the knife struck his leg. Halifax quickly pulled the knife out and pulled himself up, leaning on a lamp post as the attacker closed in. "What, no gun this time?" Halifax taunted while trying to hide a grimace of pain. He tried to jab forward but the man easily caught his hand and pulled him close. "I don't need a gun." The man replied with a sinister smile. Halifax recognized that voice. He stared at the man for a moment and then said quietly, "Evilcam?" The Mod suddenly yelled in pain as something struck the side of his head. He clutched his bleeding head and Halifax took the chance to shove his knife into the man's chest. Evilcam fell backward, clutching his chest, before he hit the ground. Halifax looked around and then saw Dragon standing there with a rock in her hand. "Nice shot." He complimented. Dragon shrugged, "Throwing rocks at the beggers who used to come by my house gave me good practice." "You threw rocks at beggars?" Halifax said with surprise. Dragon smiled, "You'd be surprised how quickly a beggar can turn into a robber when he sees you wearing a jeweled necklace." Halifax suddenly groaned and dropped to the ground. Dragon caught him and pulled him up. "We have to get you to a hospital. We can't take you back to the group right now." Halifax looked at her and smiled, "I thought you didn't like me." "I don't." Dragon replied. "But I like the Mods even less." ---------------------- Kritz had followed them as well and was watching the entire exchange. He shook his head when he saw Dragon help Halifax up. He had secretly hoped Evilcam would kill Halifax. ---------------------- "Well, he's definitely on our side." Dragon said when she returned to the group. "How do you know?" Banshee asked. "Evilcam tried to kill him, so Halifax killed Evilcam instead...with a little help." She tossed a rock to herself and smiled. Banshee laughed, "Good work. It's good to know we can trust him. Now we can move ahead with our plan...and hopefully, he won't hear about it until he's out of the hospital." [Edited on 04.26.2007 3:26 PM PDT]

Edit Preview Cancel

Deleted User

Deleted User

4/26/2007 11:42:37 PM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Sniper McGee [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Halifax And Sniper, I'd be happy to give you tips, but I don't know how well you write in the first place. For all I know, you could be a better writer than me and give me tips on improving my writing![/quote] Highly doubtful. Can I PM you a small fanfic I wrote a couple months ago? Just to give you an idea.[/quote] Sure.
    Reply Start Related Topic
    Edit Preview Cancel
    Sniper McGee

Sniper McGee

4/26/2007 11:28:23 PM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Halifax And Sniper, I'd be happy to give you tips, but I don't know how well you write in the first place. For all I know, you could be a better writer than me and give me tips on improving my writing![/quote] Highly doubtful. Can I PM you a small fanfic I wrote a couple months ago? Just to give you an idea.
    Edit Preview Cancel
    Deleted User

Deleted User

4/26/2007 11:25:24 PM Permalink
    [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] squirrel dude Do you have any predictions on how far this serires will go halifax, as it seems like a VERY good series currently.[/quote] I never know actually. Someof the stories I've written, I expected to go on for months but instead ended after 10 short chapters. It really depends on how much development I decide to give to the story and the characters. The number of characters also changes the length. I mean, the title of this story is "Seven" which means that it's main focus is and should be on the seven people, not the Mods and Achronos. I've spent four chapters talking solely about Halifax, Kritz, Dragon and Banshee. That leaves three more to flesh out and give depth since right now they don't seem to be playing any sort of role. So, to give you some idea, I expect to go above ten chapters, but I don't know after that. And Sniper, I'd be happy to give you tips, but I don't know how well you write in the first place. For all I know, you could be a better writer than me and give me tips on improving my writing!
    Edit Preview Cancel
    squirrel dude

squirrel dude

4/26/2007 11:19:10 PM Permalink
    Do you have any predictions on how far this serires will go halifax, as it seems like a VERY good series currently.
    RedPhoenix 57

RedPhoenix 57

4/26/2007 10:53:19 PM Permalink
    I love these. They're much better than "real" stories. Hehe.. evilcam was killed. YESS!! ... [i]Did I say that out loud?[/i]
    Sniper McGee

Sniper McGee

4/26/2007 10:52:55 PM Permalink
    Hawtness in its essence. Can you give me any general tips for writing a good story, Halifax?
    Deleted User

Deleted User

4/26/2007 10:43:25 PM Permalink
    Actually, I posted that first chapter last week but since no one posted, I figured I'd post the fourth chapter on the same thread to save people the trouble of clicking a bunch of times to see what they missed. So you could basically consider this chapter 3 and 4...but every time I edit it to say that, it suddenly takes away my ability to see all the posts on this thread, so I'll just say this is a massive chapter 3. [Edited on 04.26.2007 2:45 PM PDT]
    Edit Preview Cancel
    X 10000 Fists X
    Deleted User

Deleted User

4/26/2007 10:26:44 PM Permalink
    Yoozel stared quietly at the roaring fire. He didn't bother looking up when he heard the door open behind him and the sound of heavy footsteps entering the room. "You aren't doing so well." "Halifax isn't alone." Yoozel said quietly. "I watched as Dragon helped him to the hospital." "Yes, there are others as well." "But we don't know who they are!" Yoozel growled, slamming his fist on the arm of the chair. "How can we fight an enemy we don't know?" "You didn't send someone to follow them?" "I didn't think there were anymore." Yoozel admitted. "Then you'll have to force them out." "How?" "You'll find a way." Yoozel turned to look at the man, "But you--" "This isn't my problem. It's yours, and if you can't fix it, then it's obvious to me that the real problem lies in your leadership capabilities." "But Achronos--" "Think!" Achronos said fiercely. "Who would Halifax trust more than anyone?" Yoozel shrugged, "I could try and force it out of him." "No. Not yet at least. The Flood would never allow it, not in a hospital at least." Achronos came closer, "The reason you have to fix this and no one else is because you know Halifax. You know who he would trust." "Most of the people he used to be friends with have long since left." "Just because you can't find them," Achronos said wiht a twinkle in his eye, "Doesn't mean they aren't here." ---------------------- When Banshee had finished briefing the group on their next attack, everyone headed home. Kritz grabbed Dragon before she could leave and pulled her close. "I need to talk to you." When they were a good distance from the rest of the group, Dragon asked, "What's up?" "Do you still love me?" Kritz asked intently. "Of course I do!" Dragon said, eyes narrowing, "Why do you ask?" Kritz paused and looked at her closely. Finally he said, "It just...It seems like you've been getting closer to Halifax." Dragon was laughing before he finished talking. "You think I'm in love with Halifax?" Kritz looked at her stone-faced, "You carried him all the way to the hospital." Dragon shook her head, "Banshee sent me to help him, so I did." "No, he sent you to watch him." "He's a team member." Dragon said firmly. "He can take care of himself." Kritz retorted. "He would have been killed!" "Then he doesn't belong in this group!" Kritz shouted. Dragon stared at him in shock, "You would have let him die." "I would not have put myself at risk of being discovered just to save him." He held Dragon by the shoulders and spoke fervently, "Listen, we have to keep a low profile. The Mods cannot find out about this group. Now, I care about Halifax. He was a good friend of mine--" "Was?" Dragon asked skeptically. "Please listen." Kritz said impatiently, "We can't let friendship get in the way of our job." "I'm not his friend." Dragon said seriously. Kritz raised an eyebrow, "You could have fooled me." Dragon raised her hands helplessly, "You just want stop believing that I don't love Halifax, will you? Well here," she grabbed him by the head and pulled him close, "Let me prove it to you." Her lips locked with his and she kissed him passionately for several seconds. When she finally pulled away, they were both breathless. "Are you convinced?" She asked after a moment. "I--I" Kritz stammered, "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to doubt you." "Good." Dragon said. She turned and walked away, she stopped after a moment and turned back, "And if you ever have any doubts again, just tell me. I'll make sure you know how loyal I am to you." She gave him a wink and then kept walking. -------------------------- Dragon walked home quickly, smiling as she recalled the look on Kritz's face when she kissed him. "Hey, pretty lady!" Came a call. Dragon ignored it and continued walking. She was used to members of the Flood ogling over her. "Hey, lady!" Suddenly a rough hand grabbed her and turned her around, "C'mere and gimme a little kiss." "Maleman?" Dragon asked in surprise before she pushed him away. "You're drunk. Go home." "Nah," he said waving his hand dismissively, "There's a lot more money, and beer, to be had on the streets!" His face brightened and he reached into his coat pocket, "Speaking of which," he suddenly pulled out a bottle, "Why don't you have a swig." "Sorry, I've got to go to sleep, and I'd rather not wake up with a hangover." Maleman shook his head, "I insist. This drink'll put you right to sleep. Then maybe I can carry you to bed." Before Dragon could respond, two men appeared out of the shadows and grabbed her by the shoulders. She struggled fiercely, but they were much stronger than her and easily held her back. One man forced her mouth open and held it there with two grimy fingers while Maleman eagerly poured the drink into Dragon's mouth. Dragon tried to spit it out, but with her head pushed back and her mouth held open, she couldn't do it. After another moment of struggling, she suddenly fell limp. Maleman and his cronies quickly dragged her into the adjacent building and waited until a knock came at the door. Maleman quickly opened it and smiled when Yoozel entered with Recon and Pezza behind him. "You have the girl?" Yoozel asked. Maleman looked at him mischievously, "You got my money?" Yoozel nodded and handed him a wad of cash, "Now give me the girl." Maleman quickly counted the money and then nodded to his men who dragged the girl over. On impulse he asked, "What are you going to do with her?" Yoozel looked at him for a moment and then said, "Make the Forums a better place." --------------------- The next day, Kritz was waiting impatiently at the "Corrupt a Wish" thread where he had agreed to meet Dragon. He checked his walk and was startled to see that she was a half hour late. He shook his head and then headed to her apartment. ----------------------- Banshee Barron was driving his car down the streets of the Flood when his cell phone rang. "What is it?" He asked curtly. "Dragon...she's gone!" Banshee let out a deep breath as Kritz told him what he knew. Finally he said, "I'm sorry Kritz. I know how much she means to you." "That's it?" Kritz asked incredulously. "I'm sorry? We have to save her! Get the group together and--" "No." Banshee cut in. "I told you that we can't do anything together anymore." "But she's in trouble! We have to find her and--" "And the whole group will be out." Banshee said impatiently, "Don't you get it? The Mods know we're out here and now they're trying to lure us in. Dragon got involved to save Halifax's life and she was captured. I won't make the same mistake again." Kritz paused for a minute and then said, "You can let fear hold you back, but I won't." "Don't do it Kritz." But there was no answer. The only answer Banshee received was the dial tone. He shook his head and kept driving, knowing in his heart that Kritz was a dead man.
    Edit Preview Cancel
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.