JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help
dmg04

dmg04

Edited: 10/24/2014 8:55:03 PM
Hello, Everyone! It seems quite a few of you are wondering who and what exactly Mentors are. We're taking this opportunity to sit down and give you some answers. [quote][b]What exactly is a Mentor?[/b] [spoiler]We are gamers. We are students. We are fathers. We have day jobs. Some are Grizzled Ancients among the website, some are relatively new. We, really, are you. Members of the community that are here to help those with questions.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Are you guys basically Moderators? Employees?[/b] [spoiler]Nope! We're here to chew gum and Mentor. We lead you to the answers you seek, and nothing more. Every so often you will see us move a thread to the appropriate place, but we'll never change your content or silence your voice.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Would you consider yourselves Customer Service?[/b] [spoiler]Absolutely not! We're fans, just like you. We all know what it feels like to be the new kid on the block, lost or just plain confused. Our collective started out as a Private Group, just here to assist people on their way to becoming one with the Community. Bungie noticed, and threw a few tools our way to help us help you! I've said it once and I'll say it many more times; We're not employees. We don't represent Bungie. We're gamers - Just like you - and here to help.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]So wait, you guys move threads?[/b] [spoiler]Yes, but only when things are posted in the wrong place. Sometimes questions are had in #Help that pertain more to the gameplay of Destiny as opposed to issues with the website or redeeming codes. The same can be had posting a website question in a gaming forum, we just move things to places where they'll receive the correct attention.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Are you the only ones doing this?[/b] [spoiler]No! Bungie Employees and Forum Ninjas are around, ready to help. Our niche is found in the #help forum. We're more likely to hop on your questions as employees are busy building a beautiful new universe for us, and Ninjas have a pretty heavy ban hammer that slows them down.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]If I'm lost, do I have to go to #Help to receive Help?![/b] [spoiler]No. Many of us frequent the forums on a daily basis, and not just #help. You'll find us drinking from the firehose that is All Threads, or sometimes just posting polls about Pies and Cake in the Offtopic forum. In any case, we'll help wherever it is needed. Feel free to PM any of us as well, we're always happy to lend a hand.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Do you have to be a Mentor to assist in #Help?[/b] [spoiler]Of course not! We already see [i]TONS[/i] of members helping out on a daily basis. It's always appreciated. That's honestly how most all of us started out, too. Helping users in our free time.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Are Mentors on set schedules?[/b] [spoiler]No. As mentioned above, we're all folks with jobs. Sometimes we overlap, sometimes there's only one of us available, and sometimes we're too busy trying on Skinny Jeans at the local shop. In any case, we'll always get to #Help questions as soon as possible. [/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]Would you consider The Welcoming Committee a clan?[/b] [spoiler]Yes and no. We play games together. We laugh. We cry. We eat ice cream. Sometimes we get competitive, sometimes we jump on each others heads in game to submit Bug reports during testing periods.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]What exactly do you mean by "White Gloves"?[/b] [spoiler]Being a Mentor takes a finesse of sorts. We're clean. We're professional. We don't like fingerprints on mirrors or dust on our fancy Ghost replicas. This is why you'll sometimes find us moving threads here and there, or marking threads as Answered. We'll keep the forums as neat as possible. And no, we don't use Bleach.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b]How do I become a Mentor?[/b] [spoiler]Treat others with respect, and continue to do what you do. All assistance that is given in #Help is noticed and appreciated. After some amount of time, if another head is needed we'll be more than happy to invite more members amongst our ranks.[/spoiler][/quote] [quote] [b]What if I really think I need to contact Bungie directly?[/b] [spoiler]Bungie employees do monitor the forums. Not all posts will get replies. Most times Mentors can probably help you. They can at least help you gather all the information we need to take action in cases where it's warranted. Please trust in them. I do.[/spoiler] [/quote] [quote] [b]What's the best way to get help?[/b] [spoiler] Make a new question post in #help with a clear title. "I can't do {something} on {device/browser/console}" is a good title. "I need help right away!!1!1!" is... less good. It never hurts to be polite. If you found what you think is a bug the [url=http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/64336073/0/0]Bug submission form[/url] is helpful. Just copy the details into a new question post in #help and fill it out as best you can. [/spoiler][/quote] [quote][b][url=http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/18405/65303361/0/0]Bungie.net Information Desk[/url][/b] See The above thread for more information and helpful threads.[/quote]

Edit Preview Cancel

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.