JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

RoflxxCopta

RoflxxCopta

Edited: 9/3/2014 2:28:55 PM
A lot of you guys view the always-online aspect of Destiny as a problem. Here's why it isn't. As you may know, some lucky people around the world get video games before they release. The shipping company may send it early, the copy might be stolen, or a store employee could sell it by accident due to their own ignorance. Whatever the case may be, people do get the game early. Some people already have Destiny early. Sure, it sucks for them, because they can't play it. Destiny requires an online connection to be played, and the servers aren't up yet. You may he asking yourself "where is he going with this?". I'll respond to that question with another question: "do you remember the bungie forums before Halo: Reach released?" There were spoilers [b]everywhere[/b]. If you didn't want to know anything about the campaign, you had to go dark one month before the game released because the individuals who got the game early posted spoilers. This sucked because you wouldn't be able to go to [i]any[/i] halo related forum in anticipation to the game. It was chaos. Spoilers everywhere. With this always-online feature in Destiny, the story mode isn't spoiled for anyone. Instead of knowing about everything in the game, I'd rather find out aspects on my own; for example, the entire campaign and the Reef. For now, I think its better to have more questions than answers. Also the fact that the servers start when the game comes out means that everyone will start out on an even playing field. There won't be that guy who has the best gear and a high rank. Players start at the same time. What do you guys think about all of this? tl;dr: always-online feature prevents spoilers. [b]Edit 1:[/b] I'm talking about leaks prior to the game release. There will clearly be spoilers when the game comes out if you haven't finished the campaign. [b]Edit 2: [/b]This is my reply to someone else's post. [quote] The always-online feature isn't necessary a problem for me, but I understand that it is for a lot of people. I'm pointing out this optimistic view to those who don't know what to think about it. I'm sure others in my position will see this always-online feature to be beneficial while the group of people who don't have a fully functioning internet connection view it as something that doesn't just hinder their ability to play the game.[/quote]

Edit Preview Cancel

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.