JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Howie

Howie

Edited: 7/28/2014 10:41:16 AM
Hey everyone. As the title says I'm pretty happy with the pve side of things. The combat vs ai doesn't match Halo's, but it's early days and you have to take account of the sheer scope of the game. I'm confident it's going to be pretty epic. My gripe is with the multiplayer which seems to have taken Halo, stripped away what made it interesting and bolted on what I dislike most about CoD - namely who see who first wins gameplay. Cue super quick deaths with little chance to respond once someone gets the drop on you. It makes everything feel cheap - I get little satisfaction when killing an opponent and get frustrated when being killed. It's lose lose and is a pretty big disappointment for me. Firstly because I don't have an XB1 and no longer get to play Halo online. I was hoping/expecting Halo-like multiplayer in Destiny. And secondly because it's the multiplayer that keep people playing at end game while waiting for new content and as things stand I don't want to play the pvp at all. Maybe things will change as we all get uber gear and abilities and the battles will open up into something a little more involved and engaging, but I fear this is what the multiplayer will be - a sub par CoD in space. PvP may not be Bungie's focus in Destiny, but they shouldn't underestimate how important it will be to the longevity of the game. It's what people will turn to when there's no more pve content. But most of all - why deviate from something that was so tried and tested, unique and so damn good and replace it with something so painfully throw away and generic! Destiny may drive me to buying an XB1 for Halo multiplayer!

Edit Preview Cancel

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.